Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Review: i7-3770, 16GB RAM, 2 x 3TB, 26.5 Euro/month (with VAT 31 Euro/month) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Review: i7-3770, 16GB RAM, 2 x 3TB, 26.5 Euro/month (with VAT 31 Euro/month)

2»

Comments

• @ACaton

I never saw a server on their robot under 20€, so they must have a minimum amount for sale, that must be the reason for the couple of old machines which are all time on the first page, but who says you have to buy them? :D

Thanked by 1Kerberos
  • they once did offer colocation 1U from ~25,- € p.m. - maybe it just doesn't make sense for them to go any cheaper than ~20 € for a single server or 1U slot including power and traffic, regardless of the hardware specs...

• There are mixed reviews about these auction servers. They are not new; I have read some bad reviews about them

• LeeLee Veteran

mashokk369 said: There are mixed reviews about these auction servers. They are not new

Of course they are not, and they do not hide that. they are servers that are a mixture of old and new, what do you want for the money? Nevermind I can guess.

I have used Hetzner for a few years, have a rack with them too and they are great for me. The server bidding offers are all provided on a 14 day return. You do not get charged for them during that time. So you can get one, check it out and if not happy return it, hassle free.

If you have issues open a ticket, they wont replace drives just because you don't like the powered on time but whenever I have a drive fall over which is rare I have never waited more than an hour for a replacement.

Thanked by 3Maounique edan Darwin
  • @dragon2611 said:
    I had the i7-2600 and it kept dropping off the network, at first I thought it was down to DHCP (which the centos VNC installer used) but even when the IP was statically set it was happening.

It was very strange as I had a VM running on that machine and the VM was still pingable when it happened.

Maybe I just got unlucky and got a duff one or maybe centos had a dodgy NIC driver.

Maybe this?? http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Installation_des_r8168-Treibers/en

Thanked by 18420PR
  • I just realized there are no setup fees on the dedicated line.

• They have some offers with no setup fee servers. means prices come close to auction servers and entitles priority support.

• These prices look, i am going to have a look.