Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom Vultr Plans?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Custom Vultr Plans?

To start with sorry if there is already a thread similar, search function never seems to work for me.

My friend and i are using Vultr(Australia) for a little project of ours and were currently on the $15 2vCPU/2GB plan and we contacted support to see if we could add an additional core or additional GB of Ram allowance.

Of course we received the "Please follow our Tier System, we do not offer custom Plans"

The reason we wanted to do this is due to their tier system
2vCPU/2GB - $15
2vCPU/4GB - $35

we want something similar to
3vCPU/3GB or 3vCPU/2GB ~ $15-25 with Disk and Bandwidth Allowance unchanged.

We dont need the extra Disk space and bandwidth, has anyone had any luck with requesting an additional resource like this with Vultr,or is there anyone from Vultr who can help us out?

Comments

• We can offer you something like this if you'd like (we're not vultr.)

That being said, asking here won't get a better answer than Vultr themselves.

• Thanks, but were limited to an Australian location and we've been through a few providers already, vultr's been the best for us so far, this isn't a make or break for us its more of just something if we could get done would be nice.

• Your best hope is to split the stack so it can be run on 2xVPS and then get 2 or 3 smaller ones.

• It's for a game server(in alpha) which additionally requires windows to run so sadly we havn't got much of a choice in terms of using multiple VM's.

• If you send me a PM I may be able to do something for you!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Rhys_quadex said:
    It's for a game server(in alpha) which additionally requires windows to run so sadly we havn't got much of a choice in terms of using multiple VM's.

Then no chance on vultr. Upgrade to better specs or move.

• Don't think Vultr supports custom plans AFAIK.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Vultr are without a doubt the least flexible company in the entire hosting industry, sorry buddy you have no chance.

• well bugger.

Every other host we've tried has had some problem or another and vultr's been doing just fine however we need more cake, just not the whole cake.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@Rhys_quadex said:
    well bugger.

Every other host we've tried has had some problem or another and vultr's been doing just fine however we need more cake, just not the whole cake.

Submit your request directly to them. Over and over again. Maybe one day... Maybe.

• Do they have a office in aus?

i could always hand in my support tickets in person :P

can @Oliver not accommodate you?

• Rhys_quadexRhys_quadex Member
    edited December 2014

I've looked at RansomIT, i have not contacted Oliver as of yet though.
    We appreciate the UI and easy ability to use custom ISO's on vultr, however depending on how busy things are in the near future i might reach out to him and try sort something out.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Rhys_quadex I can likely meet your requirements on price/specification but the ability to load custom ISOs by the client is missing with Solus. That said I can load the ISO for you on request and have many customers who have taken up this offer. Feel free to email [email protected] anyway if you want to work something out.

Thanked by 1Rhys_quadex
  • @Rhys_quadex - PM me, I'll take care of you.

Thanked by 1Rhys_quadex

@DaveA the standard response is usually along the lines of:

I'm afraid we do not offer individual resource upgrades.

****n **k
    Vultr.com Support

When asking for 2GB of disk space, offering to pay for it and being on the largest plan, so the best thing to do is PM instead?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    DaveA the standard response is usually along the lines of:

> I'm afraid we do not offer individual resource upgrades.
    > 
    > ****n **k
    > Vultr.com Support
    > 

When asking for 2GB of disk space, offering to pay for it and being on the largest plan, so the best thing to do is PM instead?

Yep. It's that easy... ;-)