Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Need] VPS in Cheltenham/Gloucestershire, UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Need] VPS in Cheltenham/Gloucestershire, UK

gzagza Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Any good providers in Cheltenham/Gloucestershire, UK or close by?

Comments

• Fasthosts but way out of LET pricing.

• Damn, i can't even spell that.

• HostMyData.co.uk

Not within LET pricing either.

• There is http://domvps.com/

Also FastHosts has already mentioned, but their connectivity is a single BGP session with 1&1 and backhauled to London.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@kcaj Yup, strange how they have some stuff setup. Have you any experience with DomVPS?

@gza how come such a refined location?

• wych said: @kcaj Yup, strange how they have some stuff setup. Have you any experience with DomVPS?

I purchased a VPS with them a bit of a while back, didn't ever use it though and so it got cancelled. They have listings on LEB.

http://lowendbox.com/tag/domvps-com/

• Just spotted this (looking for something else!) - we - Safehosts - own and operate a datacentre in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. (If you're local, we're on Battledown Industrial Estate, and you're very welcome to come and have a look at what we do.)

Our current website at http://www.safehosts.co.uk is about to be refreshed - if you'd like to contact us (via the contact us tab) with the required specs for your VPS - I'll have a quote straight back to you.

• DaveSHL said: we - Safehosts - own and operate a datacentre in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

What is "M25 danger zone"? O.o

• linuxthefish said: What is "M25 danger zone"? O.o

I'm guessing it's a reference to the heightened risk of terrorists attacks in the London area.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @linuxthefish said:

Kenny Loggins wrote a song about it once, didn't he?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Closest I know of is Maidenhead with CreeperHost...

• ...and now I'll have Kenny Loggins in my head all day - thanks! (Might have to watch Top Gun over the holidays though). KCAJ is correct, though it's a phrase very much of the time the content was written, and it won't be appearing in the new marketing pack. Other than VPS's, we can do single server colocation, rackspace, multi-homed IP Transit, DDOS scrubbing - and have route and carrier diverse fibre to our Docklands MX480 / MX240 routers.

Happy Holidays :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @linuxthefish said:

I wondered this too; appears a few UK hosts use it in their marketing guff.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Kenny Loggins wrote a song about it once, didn't he?

Totally off-topic but do you notice that Tom Cruise hasn't changed over the years. (This calls for an Aliens meme)