Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nonprofit VPS hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nonprofit VPS hosting?

isaaclisaacl Member
edited December 2014 in General

I know that there are a few companies that offer shared hosting for nonprofits for free (Dreamhost, and Bluehost has something through grassroots.org), and the nonprofit I'm involved with is currently using Dreamhost, but we need to move to something bigger, and I'm trying to find out if there are any VPS companies that offer free VPS hosting for nonprofits?
(Or maybe some sort of low end dedicated server would work well too...)
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi luis

Thanked by 3jar Pwner ATHK
  • Can you pm me the link to your non-profit website?

• More information would be nice.. after all ~40% of all websites would be classed as non for profit

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I think you can get a discount but its really hard to provide free VPS.

If your website is popular then many vps providers will give you a VPS at free of cost in return of Banner/link back.

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited December 2014

@AutoSnipe - Sorry, it's a school, officially a 501(c)(3) organization. Can provide more details if necessary.

@c1bl - PM sent.

@DewlanceVPS - site definitely isn't popular, just used more for basic info and donations.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@TriDoxiuM said:
    Hi luis

That made my night.

Also, nonprofit doesn't mean zero budget. I don't know why anyone has a soft spot for "nonprofit." It just means the business entity itself doesn't seek to bank a profit. Doesn't say anything about what it brings in or pays out.

• @Jar said:
    That made my night.

Did I miss something?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@isaacl said:
    Did I miss something?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30075/can-anyone-sponsor-me-a-vps

He shows up randomly with new names, always looking for the same thing. He's sort of a legend.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • LOL. Remember coming across that...

Just curious about getting something basic, though I can really make do with Dreamhost, but their panel is horrible, and we might be able to get a cPanel donation from them, so I would need something to run it on.

• @Jar said:
    Also, nonprofit doesn't mean zero budget. I don't know why anyone has a soft spot for "nonprofit." It just means the business entity itself doesn't seek to bank a profit. Doesn't say anything about what it brings in or pays out.

:) glad I did, though where do you stay? Its the afternoon over here.

• isaacl said: site definitely isn't popular, just used more for basic info and donations.

I guess the site does not have much traffic, some lowend vps cost no more than $7 a month here works just fine for you. $7 is just like a breakfast/lunch .... Really a school don't / can't even have that small budget ?

• To clarify - I was curious if there were any larger companies, similar to Dreamhost or Bluehost, who had an official program for this, not for a smaller company to have to give up something...

@namhuy - going to look into that next, was just curious if there was some official program that someone knew about that I had missed.

Thanks all!

• Ask to xvmlabs.com for super cheap VPS.