Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS in Chicago
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS in Chicago

johnlth93johnlth93 Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Hi all,

I am currently in need of 1 VPS in Chicago.

Please let me know what you can offer.

Below are the minimal resources needed.

256MB RAM
10GB storage
1TB network quota (will need to be able to upgrade when needed more)
OpenVZ or anything as long as it support TUN and PPP module
Monthly billing preferred

Comments

• Non ColoCrossing location?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Non ColoCrossing location?

I am fine with colocrossing as long as it's not going to have uptime issue

• @vonlulzweg said:
    Ping drserver

thanks, let me check with him if he got anything to offer.

• I don't know much about the host but they are at Steadfast in Chicago which is known for it's performance.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/37727/free-ddos-protection-new-plans-100gb-storage-6gb-ram-starting-at-just-5-month

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited November 2014

Hello @OP ,

We can offer services in Chicago, IL via our services. Below is an example, based on our last offer thread, a quotation of your requested specifications:

CPU Units: 25 (1 Core / Shared)
    Memory: 256MB (Dedicated)
    Storage: 5GB (Dedicated, RAW SSD RAID10)
    Network: Unmetered Fair-Use 1Gbps
    KVM Hypervisor (full module/kernel support/control)

Price per year: $10.50

Our plans are very customizable. For example, if you wished to add an additional 5 GB of storage to the plan (to make it a total of 10GB as requested), your price per annual would change to: $13.39

We also offer services in Montreal, QC, Canada; and Scranton, PA, USA.

Our latest offer thread

• +1 for GoodHosting. They have fast connection, and allow you to abuse the VPS 24/24, as long as you follow the ToS

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

We can do the specs requested for $10/year.

PM me if you are interested.

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

We're in the Chicago area.. check us out at http://mnx.io -- fully customize your server CPU/DISK/RAM starting at $6.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Hello OP ,

We can offer services in Chicago, IL via our services. Below is an example, based on our last offer thread, a quotation of your requested specifications:

> CPU Units: 25 (1 Core / Shared)
    > Memory: 256MB (Dedicated)
    > Storage: 5GB (Dedicated, RAW SSD RAID10)
    > Network: Unmetered Fair-Use 1Gbps
    > KVM Hypervisor (full module/kernel support/control)
    > 

Price per year: $10.50

Our plans are very customizable. For example, if you wished to add an additional 5 GB of storage to the plan (to make it a total of 10GB as requested), your price per annual would change to: $13.39

We also offer services in Montreal, QC, Canada; and Scranton, PA, USA.

Our latest offer thread

Do you do monthly instead of yearly?

• @johnlth93 for the $10.5 per year plan. If you pay it monthly, it's $0.9/month, Paypal fee is 0.3 I think, so the hosting provider will receive $0.6/month.

No one are going to do it.

• @c1bl said:
    johnlth93 for the $10.5 per year plan. If you pay it monthly, it's $0.9/month, Paypal fee is 0.3 I think, so the hosting provider will receive $0.6/month.

No one are going to do it.

I understand that, I am not asking for the exact same pricing (10.5/12)

It can be 0.9+0.3=1.2 or whatever the provider see fit

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • So I had ordered 1 from GoodHosting since this morning but haven't been provisioned. Maybe time zone different will just let them process and see what with it tomorrow.

Any other offer in Chicago?

• Is @GoodHosting dead pooled?

The site is no longer accessible.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@johnlth93 said:
    Is GoodHosting dead pooled?

The site is no longer accessible.

Up for me, clients. gives a redirect loop however.

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited December 2014

@wych said:
    Up for me, clients. gives a redirect loop however.

Pardon, I mean their billing area

https://clients.goodhosting.co/clientarea.php

It's like that since yesterday night and my purchase still haven't provision. =\

• @GoodHosting please check your web site, I was also not able to order due to the "redirect loop" disrupting the loading of your page.

• No, @GoodHosting is not dead pooled. But the billing area is having problem.

• Hello @c1bl , @vpnarea , @johnlth93 , @wych :

We are aware of an SSL redirect issue with CloudFlare on our billing panel, and are waiting for their staff to comment on the matter. The issue only happens when accessing the site through CloudFlare, and thus through CloudFlare SSL (which appears to have broken yesterday.)

We're looking into it.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Hello c1bl , vpnarea , johnlth93 , wych :

We are aware of an SSL redirect issue with CloudFlare on our billing panel, and are waiting for their staff to comment on the matter. The issue only happens when accessing the site through CloudFlare, and thus through CloudFlare SSL (which appears to have broken yesterday.)

We're looking into it.

Please also check on my order, it's paid since few days ago.

• We're still working on this issue, but it appears to have cleared up for the moment. We are currently working on communicating with CloudFlare, as their new free SSL replaced our customized SSL certificate; causing some problems (such as changing our SSL type with the change.) I do apologize that this issue took so long to solve.

@johnlth93 , @wych , @vpnarea , @c1bl