Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode Black Friday - $7 off new VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode Black Friday - $7 off new VPS

emceemce Member
edited November 2014 in General

Just saw this on their twitter feed. Sadly, for new customers only, but My mistake, looks like it's for any new VPS.

You can get one of their cheaper plans for about half off:

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=385

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yep - good for anyone, new or existing, with a new VPS order. $7 is two free months on some 512MB plans :)

Thanks for letting everyone know!

• Absolutely. Good luck with the sale, and thanks for the great service!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • whats the cheapest ramnode yearly plan with 512MB ram and 40gb hdd?

• Their prices are here:

http://www.ramnode.com/vps.php

But it looks like you can get one of their 512MB SVZS plans w/40GB for $37.80, if paid yearly. That price is before their $7 coupon.

• It's a $7 credit. So if you pay yearly, you'll get a discount off the next year - it just adds $7 to your account balance.

• mikeyur said: It's a $7 credit. So if you pay yearly, you'll get a discount off the next year - it just adds $7 to your account balance.

Yeah, so it's better for thos who decide to pay monthly (or I guess it could be used on another package later on?)

• Unfortunately I can not take advantage of the coupon, my service request was labeled "fraud" and my ip has been banned until 2020 because my "score at MaxMind is too high". :(

it makes me wonder, how I can check my ip in MaxMind and see the score? My ip is dynamic.

It wasn't your IP. Have you filed any chargebacks recently?

• Nick_A said: It wasn't your IP. Have you filed any chargebacks recently?

not that I know. It would be my first service in ramnode.
    if it was not my ip, then that thing was?

Some other service provider must have reported you to MaxMind for some reason. Are you saying you've never had a billing dispute with anyone?

• Nick_A said: Some other service provider must have reported you to MaxMind for some reason. Are you saying you've never had a billing dispute with anyone?

exactly. I have not had billing problems. why do not understand why they ban me.

I have accounts in DigitalOcean, Vultr and Crissic. I have not had problems with them.
    with crissic, the same thing happened a month ago. but they validated and reactivated my account.

I guess it may be because my ISP gives me dynamic ip, and many of them are blacklisted. but no where I can check that.

@jam - It really has nothing to do with your IP. Something more specific is listed in the MaxMind database. Has anyone else used any of your account information to order hosting before?

• @Nick_A still no love for Kloxo?

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    Nick_A still no love for Kloxo?

I guess until they update their security nothing will be done about it? https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=315

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Nick_A said:
    jam - It really has nothing to do with your IP. Something more specific is listed in the MaxMind database. Has anyone else used any of your account information to order hosting before?

I do not think. I have not detected strange movements in my accounts.
    if it was not my ip, then that thing was?
    how can MaxMind qualify me of fraud if not by ip.

I think I'll get in touch with MaxMind. to see if they can explain how their anti-fraud system works.

Yeah, until Kloxo is "safe" we will not be able to host it on our network.

@jam - ask them why your email address is listed.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Nick_A said:
    jam - ask them why your email address is listed.

MaxMind support answered me. they say it was a mistake. they cleaned my email, so should no longer be flagged as high risk

@jam - Cool, please PM me your ticket number or email so I can open your account (if you still want to order).

• @Nick_A , why no recurring discounts?

@ATHK said:
    Nick_A , why no recurring discounts?

We lowered all prices by 30-38%, which is where most of our recurring coupons fell.