Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can milvpn have a full copy of my site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can milvpn have a full copy of my site?

I found a copy of a site of mine here: http://vpnny-1.milvpn.net/ , it is not ripped, it's the full site, the domain milvpn.net has only two subdomains, "billing" and "vpnny-1" and nameservers are NS12.WELOVESERVERS.NET and NS13.WELOVESERVERS.NET, the site of mine is about a dialect spoken in a town in italy, nothing interesting .
The domain milvpn.net is registered by Lincoln Vogler, here is his twitter account https://twitter.com/r0guen3rd which links to horizonhosting.us that redirects to weloveservers.
Here is the twitter account of milvpn https://twitter.com/milvpn that follows Lincoln Vogler account and josh https://twitter.com/ServerJosh.
So where this genius got my full website (a copy from some weeks ago)? the copy is indexed by google and he didn't removed the tracking code, that's how I found it.
I use incapsula for this site, and it is hosted by cvps, by the way also the copy is hosted on an ip registered by Chris of Cvps 192.210.240.77 .
Is there a connection between wls and cvps so they can access my vps? or this guy hacked my vps, get that useless site and put it on line?

Comments

• If it's OpenVZ, the provider can access your VPS.

But IMO, the VPS provider won't do it.

• yes, it is OpenVz and I know the provider can access it,
    Provider shouldn't do it but for me it is also disturbing if Lincoln Vogler apparently from wls hacked my vps and put online my site with the tracking code under a domain of him. perhaps it was not him but I'd like to know.

• Proxy?

• Mun said: Proxy?

Should be easy to determine. Make a change on the original site and see if it shows up immediately on the duplicate.

• I already wrote on the first post that this is a copy from some weeks ago, it lacks a bit of posts. They have a full copy of my site apparentely they put it online without any change.
    on the right in the menu you can access to the original site.

• ServerMadGuyServerMadGuy Member
    edited November 2014

Hello,

This is actually an issue with IP routing in the datacenter if you can email me at [email protected]. I can show to you that this is a serious issue with IP routing, and will stop routing to you.

Thanks,
    Josh @ WeLoveServers

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: it is not ripped,

I'm not sure why you mean by that. Anyone can rip any site - all you have to do is download the html/css/images/js/etc. If you're saying he also has stuff that is server-side (e.g., php scripts and they work) that's something different.

• Did his domain not used to be assigned to the IP you now use?

I have seen this happen in a few cases if the webserver is just listening for *:80 rather than youdomain.tld:80

• I informed the police, I know a little more than yesterday but they are looking into it so I wait.
    a full copy of the site as it was 3 weeks ago has gone from my vps to another server, this is scientifically proved, someone has "phisically" taken it.
    When I say ripped I mean with wget or httrack which generates html file, the site was made with flatpress and I can login to the admin area with my username and password, some folders have the permission set to inaccessibile so you can't get the full site thru the browser or the command line.

• We are working around the clock at MilVPN and weloveservers to fix this issue. We don't intentially steal websites. Please standby for further updates from both companies. Thanks.

• Doesn't IDM content grabber do the trick?

• How exactly would an IP routing issue cause an old version of his website to show up?

Thanked by 1jar
  • gsrdgrdghd said: How exactly would an IP routing issue cause an old version of his website to show up?

mythical

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@ScienceOnline said:
    I informed the police, I know a little more than yesterday but they are looking into it so I wait.
    a full copy of the site as it was 3 weeks ago has gone from my vps to another server, this is scientifically proved, someone has "phisically" taken it.
    When I say ripped I mean with wget or httrack which generates html file, the site was made with flatpress and I can login to the admin area with my username and password, some folders have the permission set to inaccessibile so you can't get the full site thru the browser or the command line.

So they have a working, slightly out of date copy of your script that you can log in to? That's definitely not ripped.

@lincolnvglr said:
    We are working around the clock at MilVPN and weloveservers to fix this issue. We don't intentially steal websites. Please standby for further updates from both companies. Thanks.

How does it go from ChicagoVPS to WeLoveServers? I'm confused here.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited December 2014

OP moved the site three weeks ago, possibly leaving the outdated version of his website on the old VPS. And somehow the milvpn subdomain is pointed to OP's old server due to routing issue as both providers have the same upstream (CC or Quadranet)? Just a guess.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @DalComp said:
    OP moved the site three weeks ago, possibly leaving the outdated version of his website on the old VPS. And somehow the milvpn subdomain is pointed to OP's old server due to routing issue as both providers have the same upstream (CC or Quadranet)? Just a guess.

No, the site was on that server since september, I moved it when this thing happened, the domain milvpn had wls nameservers and the owner of the domain seems to have connection with them, the subdomain with a copy of my website was pointing to this ip http://whois.domaintools.com/192.210.240.77 which is colocrossing and owned by New wave connect but, I don't know if this is managed by Cvps or Wls. Since this is happened all inside CC police bypass Wls and Cvps.

At http://vpnny-1.milvpn.net/ there was a copy of my site for sure, no ip routing or a magic that moved my site from a place to another. Someone took my site from my vps, I just have a copy on my pc and a copy on a cloud storage service in file that I encrypted with AES 256.