Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS - VPS from 9EUR / YEAR! (AT/DE/CH/US/SE/PL/IT/FR/ES) - with NATIVE IPv6 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS - VPS from 9EUR / YEAR! (AT/DE/CH/US/SE/PL/IT/FR/ES) - with NATIVE IPv6

Comments

• @djvdorp said: Is one able to change his own account from individual to company with vat number?

Hi Daniel,
    I see no reason against it. Please just send an email to office at edis.at with your client-id, name of your company (if applicable) and the VAT number. After we checked the VAT number for validity, we will change your account and will no longer charge VAT on future invoices. Your VAT number will be indicated on all future bills.

Cheers,
    Gerhard

• MuZoMuZo Member

@William said: CH is the language code for Chinese, without specified dialect and norm (Mandarin/Cantonese)

EN is English, obviously.
    DE is German

Chinese shouldn't be ZH ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language

• Argh, correct, updated the RIPE object.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Pinging 158.255.208.1 takes longer than pinging LA from Manila. Is that expected?

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited July 2012

Will send mail as soon as i can

• dannixdannix Member

@William, @ExPl0ReR

I'm just reading your terms and conditions and I'm stucked at 12.4

12.4 The customer gets a user identification and a password to maintain his virtual hosts/servers. The customer is obliged to keep this password in confidence and is liable for any kind of misuse resulting from the unauthorized use of the password. The customer has the opportunity to change his password via an online administration tool at any time. Password amendments have to be communicated in writing to EDIS GmbH by naming a new password for legal reasons without delay.

• I can't find a place where the password can be changed
    • why the custorer should provide you a password? what legal reasons do you mean?
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: Pinging 158.255.208.1 takes longer than pinging LA from Manila. Is that expected?

Yes, since your country routes 99% of the traffic through the USA and has nearly zero Asian peering.

@dannix said: I can't find a place where the password can be changed

In the Billing Panel in the User settings, your WHMCS Password is also automatically your VPS password.

@dannix said: why the custorer should provide you a password? what legal reasons do you mean?

That is an old term, you do not need to send us your new password after changing.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • dannixdannix Member
    edited July 2012

@William said: @dannix said: why the custorer should provide you a password? what legal reasons do you mean?

That is an old term, you do not need to send us your new password after changing.

@William, thanks for the fast answer. Why not just update the terms?

• emilvemilv Member

Oh crap, unable to order more than 1, didnt realize I could order multiple servers via one order. :/

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

@William Thanks for the info. Is there an Asian country (except Philippines) where ping will be faster than US? If yes, will you have LEB on that country?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: @William Thanks for the info. Is there an Asian country (except Philippines) where ping will be faster than US? If yes, will you have LEB on that country?

No and No.

@dannix said: @William, thanks for the fast answer. Why not just update the terms?

Not so easy. Requires legal counseling.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

@William said: Requires legal counseling.

Hey, you're on right place to do this! LET is full of experts :P Especially those who never experienced things we're talking about. Infact, we're all experts... about life the universe and everything :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@William said: Most except Windows.

XP with 400 MB is possible, and I wasnt trying hard. 120 mb ISO, but will be a problem with updates.
    M

• @expl0rer @William my mail has been sent, hope it was in time for the promo.

• @William said: Linux-VServer Based

This is my first experience with linux-vserver. It's running fine, quite nice. But am I supposed to see the host load when I use tools like top or uptime, and the host traffic when I monitor eth0 packet counters? It's disconcerting to see the load over 3 and 100's of MBs of traffic per minute on an idle VPS... :)

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Also interested in Asian or Russian location... And specials for these locations coming up?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2012

@BluBoy said: Also interested in Asian or Russian location... And specials for these locations coming up?

Since HK is expensive, no :(

@sleddog said: But am I supposed to see the host load when I use tools like top or uptime, and the host traffic when I monitor eth0 packet counters?

Yes.

• I got one of these at the weekend - was too good a deal to pass up. Been having a few problems though and I'm wondering if it's just me or others are also having issues?

Firstly, there was a problem with provisioning the KVM instance. I could log into the control panel and see the KVM menu option, but I had nothing else on the screen. One of the staff manually provisioned it and I was then able to access the console.

I then tried setting the VNC password and changing the boot device, but none of the power options (On/Off/Reset) had any effect. Another staff member was able to manually reset the instance and finally I could log into the VNC server and start the install.

Unfortunately, it's locked up again (can't shutdown or reset it) and so far I've had no response from support, so I'm stuck again. I'm not too upset, as for the price I'm paying I don't expect instant support assistance, but I'm wondering if every customer needs this much manual assistance from support how they ever make a profit?

• Nah, this are mainly a few problems with one specific node - There seems to be some issue with the KVM management on it which does not directly affect the KVMs but the panel, it's already under repair.

• Cool - thanks. Any ETA on it being fixed?

• Thanks, got a VRS, but have a few questions:
    1. Where can I see the bandwidth usage?
    2. Where can I submit a ticket?
    Thanks!

• @CoolMoon said: 1. Where can I see the bandwidth usage?

2. Where can I submit a ticket?

You can't - We inform you.
    You can't - Send mail to support AT edis.at :)

• Thanks @William...I will be informed when I get close to the 500GB limit or over the 500GB limit?

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited July 2012

EDIT: it was in spam :P

Promo still running?

• @CoolMoon said: Thanks @William...I will be informed when I get close to the 500GB limit or over the 500GB limit?

Close.

@djvdorp said: Promo still running?

Yes.

• In case you don't know yet: we just launched our most recent vps / hosting location in Madrid. Multiple GBit/s upstreams

Test-IPs (v4 and v6), download test-patterns and looking glass tools you'll find at
    http://es.edis.at

Cheers,
    Gerhard @ EDIS

• Just thought I'd mention - my VPS finally got sorted and I got FreeBSD installed and working. All seems good so far!

• @William Is UK really not included in the promo? I'd like to sign one up.

• @torsurfer said: @William Is UK really not included in the promo? I'd like to sign one up.

No it isn't due to IP shortage there and associated costs.

• Couldnt resist, so I got myself an KVM in Sweden :)