Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ivmSIP/24 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ivmSIP/24

13»

Comments

• Thanked by 1invaluement
  • invaluementinvaluement Member
    edited November 2014

Maounique said: I am still waiting for the listings from our AS and the number of reputable lists which are listing that as well

I searched and couldn't find ANY of your IPs on either ivmSIP or ivmSIP/24. And I've done ZERO manual removals of any IPs in this range since this whole thread started a couple of days ago. I searched the IPs listed here:

https://stat.ripe.net/AS34971?sourceapp=ripedb#tabId=routing
    (are there others I should have checked?)

...and none of them were on my lists.

Lets make this simple... I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of... here is a snapshot of my two IP blacklists as they stood just a few minutes before I posted this comment. Keep in mind that this is a snapshot which degrades in quality for every passing minute, since thousands of IPs are being added, and removed, every hour.

http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/sip-and-sip24-snapshot-NOT-latest-data.zip

PASSWORD: snapshot

NOTE: this file will only be there on the web server for about 24 hours. Please download to your computer for analysis.

So.. anyone.. take your best shot. Try to find me a False Positive and I'll be happy to defend it. But no more wild goose chases. I'm not going to be trolled by someone just randomly grabbing IPs and asking me to check those. (not referring to what Maounique said about his own alleged listings.. which didn't materialize... I'm just preemptively warning that I won't be trolled or go on wild goose chases)

But if anyone does actual research on this and spots (what they think is) a true false positive... fire away... I'm all ears.

PS - I'm very glad about this thread because I spotted a bug in my software that was causing a 5% loss in ivmSIP/24's ability to drill down into subranges based on IP whois data. This has been repaired. As a direct result, I'm fairly confident at this point that Host Nun's listed IPs are either no longer listed OR he isn't getting his IP delegation to properly show up in the IP whois databases to show that his /26 is distinct from other IPs on the same /24. If the latter, then his original complaints lose additional credibility. (please let me know what you find, Host Nun... thanks!)

• Interestingly, if I don't answer a question for just a few hours, 1-2 people pipe in and say that I MUST be wrong, or must not have an answer, since i obviously can't answer that question, or I must therefore not have the info to defend myself. That is sort of thuggish, and certainly not civil. It is crazy to expect for me to be at your beck and call, like some kind of servant, manning this thread 24/7. I actually have a life and other priorities. The truth is... my naysayers have such a lack of hard evidence to back up their preconceived biases... such that they have to rely on cheap debate tricks to try to make a point.

Again, please "put up or shot up".. and stop the wild speculations about how you THINK my lists operation.. that have zero basis in facts.

I've provided a snapshot of my lists above. Stop wasting my time unless you can point out actual false positives.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

Now, there is no problem, does not include our US location because it is another AS allocated from ARIN. I admire you for transparency and it will certainly help if providers could check their AS in your site.
    However, I did not imagine it. Every couple of days I would see your listing in mxtools site when I check the daily top 40, always alone, and, as I remember, because never bothered with it, same IPs I do not remember if it was the /24 list, did not even know about it so probably not. Similar lone listings I see from spamcannibal. I did not pay attention since nobody ever complained and it was always alone IIRC, probably a false positive, we only take action if there are at least 2 lists or at least a serious one (meaning with many traps and good track record, I include UCEPROTECT there because so far had no false positives from them).
    Sure, did not take screenshots, which can be faked anyway, so you win. I will PM you when it will happen again.
    Until then, thank you very much, I learned two things: You do not target small companies for payouts and your customers dont have business with the small companies anyway. That is enough for me as I said, and the fact you dumped your DB here to help us understand is a big plus. As I said, it would be a tremendous help for us to be able to check our ASNs, some might even pay for it, but if you really wish to fight spam, you will do it for free.
    Thank you!

• Maounique said: I will PM you when it will happen again

if/when that happens, I will be happy to assist.

regarding providing more info on the web site... there has to be a balance here where I can't provide too much info or else deliberate spammers will use that data for reconnaissance and list washing.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited November 2014

invaluement said: reconnaissance and list washing.

UCEPROTECT does not think so and they catch a lot of our spammers, frankly, 2 out of 3 hacking kloxo/wordpress/zpanel/poor password/etc we find and used to send spam, uceprotect catches. I think only barracuda does similarly well. Too bad they list whole providers in impossible situations (like I said for residential ranges which are not really possible to police) otherwise they would have been pretty neat, one week everyone can wait after a mistake they did, it is a correct punishment. But, of course, your choice maybe only providers should be allowed in, spammers can get a license for 50 cents a day, it would not deter them.

Thanked by 1invaluement
  • invaluement said: And you haven't "proved" anything. And your standards of what constitute proof are laughable.

That's Maounique for you. My "offensive statement" was true but a moderator felt like editing it.

• Debating with him is like playing chess with a pigeon: a pigeon think he wins by knocking over everything and crapping on the chess board

Thanked by 2Pwner Mark_R
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited November 2014

@invaluement said:
    PS - I'm very glad about this thread because I spotted a bug in my software that was causing a 5% loss in ivmSIP/24's ability to drill down into subranges based on IP whois data. This has been repaired. As a direct result, I'm fairly confident at this point that Host Nun's listed IPs are either no longer listed OR he isn't getting his IP delegation to properly show up in the IP whois databases to show that his /26 is distinct from other IPs on the same /24. If the latter, then his original complaints lose additional credibility. (please let me know what you find, Host Nun... thanks!)

Had a quick look a few minutes ago and it appears that the IPs are no longer listed, thank you.

As for my credibility, I can absolutely guarantee that a large portion of the IPs in question were simply never sending email to begin with. In fact, some of them weren't even in use at all! So I'm glad you were able to locate whatever it was that was causing the inaccuracy.

• HostNun said: As for my credibility

HostNun, Based on what you said, then your IPs being listed was probably a rare instance of IPs impacted by that bug. So you've done me a HUGE favor and your credibility stays GOOD! :) THANKS!

Thanked by 1Maounique

So everything fine here :)

• I'm also felling very annoyed by this invaluement blacklisting. I've request numerous delisting request but no repond at all. this has impacted our company cause we run support with our email server. even spamhaus has delisted us but they still kept us in for days.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Charles_Chow said:
    I'm also felling very annoyed by this invaluement blacklisting. I've request numerous delisting request but no repond at all. this has impacted our company cause we run support with our email server. even spamhaus has delisted us but they still kept us in for days.

.. literally nobody uses sip/24 but thanks for the necro post?

Thanked by 2Aidan Clouvider
  • can someone from invaluement please help to delist my ip 115.133.196.94.
    we've send delist request namy times but still no respond.

• Holyshit a HostNun post? Oh.. Scwell.

• no respond from Invaluement at all ?????

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

why would they respond to you here?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Charles_Chow said:
    I'm also felling very annoyed by this invaluement blacklisting. I've request numerous delisting request but no repond at all. this has impacted our company cause we run support with our email server. even spamhaus has delisted us but they still kept us in for days.

Who is rejecting your emails based on this listing?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @WSS said:
    Holyshit a HostNun post? Oh.. Scwell.

Say what you will, but @HostNun was a character. I almost miss him (her?).