Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

** Blackfriday Deal ** 16-32GB , /27 IP Range , 128GB SSD , Xeon E3-1230v2 or better - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

** Blackfriday Deal ** 16-32GB , /27 IP Range , 128GB SSD , Xeon E3-1230v2 or better

2»

Comments

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited November 2014

@wych .. are we going to compare apples and oranges now ?
    no one in their right mind will say .. all it takes to rank is a unique ip
    but this is a crapshoot google is making us play with and they keep changing the game .
    so for some sites , i will do what i can to give them an edge .

if you are in the camp that it doesnt matter , good for you , if you think it does .. its fine too .. we all make our own decisions and make a living .

the question started with this newbie posting "they WILL be used for spam "
    and thats not the case .

if you are free we can discuss this to death offline , dont think this is the right place for it tho
    ( i love spirited discussions :) )

thanx all

• @dammugly, not saying your wrong for doing it; just pointing out many a un-optimised site does rank with shared IP ;)

Sadly not much time today; raincheck?

edited November 2014

@wych .. anytime :) maybe i will learn a thing or two i have not learnt in 15+ years online

• frankfrank Member
    edited November 2014

@dammugly said:
    say LOL .. say what you want boss :) its all good

i am not going to tell you how to do your job , i know better .
    but like i said .. show me data and i will eat crow ..till then we are just measuring dicks across the tubes ;-)

Google have actually confirmed dedicated / shared IP hasn't been used for over 5 years, it makes not a jot of difference to their rankings. Whether it has any effect on other engines rankings though is possible, as Google did used to weight for it, so some other engines could still do.

If I have time I will try and dig out the Google blog post where they outline it, its an old one though.

Where Dedicated IP matters is in other SEO tricks though, not in the direct ranking.

• @frank .. If they ever decide to tell us what matters for rankings , seo guys would be out of the biz in a heartbeat .

All we can do is play the hand we are dealt and experiment and see what works and what doesn't. I have personally seen some minor things get sites to page 1 or 2 and i go with it . once things stop working , we will adapt again.

just my 2 cents on that .

• @wych said:
    They in the UK?

Both locations. UK and us

• wych said: How many sites do you think GD or 1&1 put on shared IP's that rank?

30-90 on previous research i think.

http://sameid.net/id/216.250.121.169/

• thanx linuxthefish .. but honestly this is such a bad argument ( GD and 1&1 )

• Unless there is website which has been blacklisted on the same IP or they are hosting alot of spammy content it wont make a difference to your rankings..

• :) now that we have heard from the "SEO Experts" .. does anyone around here do low end box servers ?

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

Well that dropped, last time I checked they were around the same levels as FH - http://sameid.net/id/88.208.252.225/ (523)

@dammugly said:
    but honestly this is such a bad argument ( GD and 1&1 )

Why is that exactly?

• Offtopic ..completely . have the admins start an SEO discussion area , lets get some biz going there and then lets have a full on discussion why , what , where , how

fair ?

Thanked by 1ndlong75
    edited November 2014

hell i will donate time and resources for a live open case study :) if it gets me some biz from here

• @damugly it wont happen, we have WF, BHW and various others for that.

• then i think its time to get this thread back to where it should be going ..wont you say ?

• There's a reason no one's responding in regards to your original post. We all know your expected price is way lower than anything remotely reasonable. Give people a solid budget and you might get more relevant answers. Currently, the specs you are asking for are way too high for anything low-budget. Give a budget, and people will suggest alternatives. This is LET, but no provider's going to provide you a dedicated server when you're not even paying to cover a month's worth of power.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jonchun .. thank you for your valuable comments.

• Gloating time

@Jonchun .. what if i told you " We all know your expected price is way lower than anything remotely reasonable" i got 4 servers BELOW my asking price ?

reason i am posting this is ..let is a place for people looking for " by defintion" cheap deals
    so its a little oxymoronish to complain about someone trying to get a "cheap deal"

just my 2 cents .. no offence intended or taken.
    cheers.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Ill do this for $99.

• @dammugly said:
    Gloating time

Jonchun .. what if i told you " We all know your expected price is way lower than anything remotely reasonable" i got 4 servers BELOW my asking price ?

Pics, or it didn't happen.

• it didnt happen ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Ill do this for $99.

i am already a customer of yours :)

• @dammugly said:
    I really dont care what you make with the ips. :) thats why I opened Propagandabox.com :) if you require ip`s for email marketing, go ahead... buy

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

nhocconan said: I think he is thinking of LET price: under $49 :lol:

I don't think it will cost $7 or $15 or even $49 per year, I think more realistic is $120+ per month.

• @biuletech said:
    thats why I opened Propagandabox.com :) if you require ip`s for email marketing, go ahead... buy

Thanks, just reported to Jump.ro/ip.ro - Say goodbye to your rented IP range from them. They take spam EXTREMELY serious.

• Thank you very much :)