Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Continuum down or am I missing some emails?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Continuum down or am I missing some emails?

Seems the entire CDC is down today, even their website is not accessible:

cdc.io seems to be down!

Wondering if it is me missing some planned maintenance email or is it just an unexpected power outage?

I know this is not their helpdesk, but I can't log a ticket with them because everything is down including their website, so I just want to see if anyone else got an email about the maintenance.

Comments

• Seems there is a thread on WHT about this > http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9299407#post9299407

Also there is a tweet > https://twitter.com/ContinuumColo

• We have colocation with them. Their entire datacenter was down earlier this morning; service has been restored to some subnets at this time.

No official RTO has been given yet but Tom stated that it was a "hardware routing failure".

• I doubt that Continuum Datacenters are on LET (I could be wrong). Maybe WHT is a more suitable place to post?

• Update:

From their Twitter:

We are experiencing a network outage and are working on the issue. We do not have an ETA at the moment.

— Continuum Colocation (@ContinuumColo) November 24, 2014
  • We are experiencing a network outage and are working on the issue. We do not have an ETA at the moment.

— Continuum Colocation (@ContinuumColo) November 24, 2014

Good to know, I thought it was my server that was failing, thanks for finding things out so quickly! I think their network is single-homed so I guess that contribute to part of the problems

• Yeah woke up to some emails of mine being down as well, good to know what it was server seems to be up and running fine now.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

They should've sent you guys this mail , They are actually relocating entire DC to a tier - 3 building in chicago with enhanced network capacity and server capacity.

• @BharatB said:
    They should've sent you guys this mail , They are actually relocating entire DC to a tier - 3 building in chicago with enhanced network capacity and server capacity.

Uhh wasn't that like two weeks ago when they did this? (Nov 14th)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@catalystium said:

Hm maybe I got dom from nexeon who owns a cage with them he said they were relocating the rest of the srvrs

• zhuanyi said: Good to know, I thought it was my server that was failing, thanks for finding things out so quickly! I think their network is single-homed so I guess that contribute to part of the problems

I actually noticed some funky routing stuff happening on the East Coast to servers hosted with ServerCentral. I'm not sure if this may be related, but oh well....

And yeah, single homed networks are a big no to me... I'd never host or colocate with a datacenter that is single homed. It's just a disaster waiting to happen.

• Continuum is not single-homed but all their routes disappeared at around 11:30PM CST last night. Some subnets are back online - fortunately we are.

• @fizzyjoe908 said:
    Continuum is not single-homed but all their routes disappeared at around 11:30PM CST last night. Some subnets are back online - fortunately we are.

My bad, they used to be HE only, now they have a few:

http://bgp.he.net/AS53264

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Looks like they are still partially down according to the WHT thread?

That's a brutally long outage (going on 12 hours now?). I feel bad for all involved. :(

• @jbiloh said:
    Looks like they are still partially down according to the WHT thread?

That's a brutally long outage (going on 12 hours now?). I feel bad for all involved. :(

My server is still offline, think they have recovered some subnets but not all.

• Mine was down a total of about ~4 hours (with Onra Host).

• @zhuanyi said:
    I think their network is single-homed so I guess that contribute to part of the problems

It's not and never has been.