Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Mail Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Mail Server

RemuzRemuz Member
edited November 2014 in Requests

I'm looking for a nice beafy VPS for hosting my email server.

2 GB Ram
2-4 Cores
100-150GB HDD.
1TB Bw @ 100Mbps is fine. (1Gbps welcome)

My budget for this is ~$20 / Qtr

Anything to do with OVH or Colocrossing I won't bother touching.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• For email hosting, ramnode shall be more than enough.

For your specs, I don't have any thoughts in my mind yet.

Thanked by 1Remuz
  • I am using Vultr with no problems although thats on the 1Gb plan which is above your budget. Depending on what you want running (spamassasin, graylisting etc) you may be able to squeeze it onto a 512Mb plan which is $5 a month.

Thanked by 1Remuz
  • http://lowendbox.com/blog/tragicservers-256mb-for-10year-1gb-for-21year-and-more-in-dallas-and-la/

Click 2GB RAM link, pick yearly payment and enter coupon LEB38 for $38/yr
    (2GB RAM, 3TB@1gbps, 4x vCPU, 100GB HDD)

Very satisfied with them so far (have not been customer for long, but use it for email,too). The only disadvantage is that you have to request rDNS/PTR via ticket.

Thanked by 1Remuz
  • @4n0nx
    Thanks for the mention. Automating rDNS is next on my list :)

Thanked by 1Remuz
  • I'm not 100% sure on the rules here as they're a little bit unclear, but I believe I am allowed to promote my own services based on the other posts in the forums.

I can offer you a small VPS with 512MB RAM at $4/monthly and 1024MB RAM at $7/monthly. The RAM is lower than you're looking for, but if upgrades are needed we can work something out. The plans come with 100GB and 200GB RAID disk space, along with 500GB and 1TB bw @ 100mbps (limit can be raised at additional cost) respectively.

As per rules, I do represent SharkNode and you may view our plans below.
    http://www.sharknode.com/vps
    You can use the coupon code LOWENDTALK to lower the price on our 1024 plan to $7.

We are hosted in Los Angeles with QuadraNet to address your concerns about ColoCrossing and OVH. I know that it's not the cheapest offering, but the saying is true: you get what you pay for. I hope you consider this offer!

@Remuz said:
    I'm looking for a nice beafy VPS for hosting my email server.

2 GB Ram
    2-4 Cores
    100-150GB HDD.
    1TB Bw @ 100Mbps is fine. (1Gbps welcome)

My budget for this is ~$20 / Qtr

Anything to do with OVH or Colocrossing I won't bother touching.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanked by 2msg7086 Remuz
  • Thank you all for your offers.
    Sadly, you're a bit late to the party Jonchun as I've already decided to go with tragic servers offer. It fit my bill perfectly :)

• @Remuz said:
    Thank you all for your offers.
    Sadly, you're a bit late to the party Jonchun as I've already decided to go with tragic servers offer. It fit my bill perfectly :)

No problem! I wish you luck with your new host!

Thanked by 1Remuz