Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used Owncloud + Photosync via WEBDAV?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used Owncloud + Photosync via WEBDAV?

Installed Owncloud today on one of my own little dedis, everything went well apart from the fact that the uploads via webdav seems terribly slow and seem to stop functioning after 4/5 photos uploaded.

I know some people here have used Owncloud and was wondering if anyone else had come across the slow speed/time out? (It's not network related, I've checked).

Comments

• What spec does your "little dedi" have? Owncloud is pretty heavy.

• I've always found ownCloud webdav to be complete shit tbh, although in all fairness I've not used it since version 5.

The sync app works pretty well these days though, is using that an option for you?

• It was one of the online.net dedis - Atom/2GB/160GB @0xdragon

@Nekki - Sync app? The official app doesn't seem to let you upload all of your photos in one go without clicking every single one - currently have 609 and also would like the photos to be automatically uploaded. Will also set this up on the Mrs' phone to back hers up too so owncloud seemed a good option.

• ownCloyd + BitSync = win.

And as @0xdragon said: ownCloud is resource intensive, a low-end box may not be what you're looking for.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @krs360 are you using SQLite? I think that WebDAV goes over the web interface (check the apache process using iotop and htop). I bet that your disk is being hit pretty hard.

If so, migrate to MYSQL.

• krs360 said: Sync app? The official app doesn't seem to let you upload all of your photos in one go without clicking every single one - currently have 609 and also would like the photos to be automatically uploaded. Will also set this up on the Mrs' phone to back hers up too so owncloud seemed a good option.

I was referring to the desktop app, not the mobile app; the desktop app just gets pointed at a folder and syncs that nicely, but sadly the mobile app is an epic fail. Instead, I had dropbox backup my photos to my desktop and then had the ownCloud desktop app sync that folder.

• @Nekki Agreed, the app sucks massively and it actually comes at a cost.

@0xdragon it is mysql - I will need to look into the disk use, although I've heard of people running it on the same, if not less specs. It seems to upload about four photos and totally fall over!