Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a cheap dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a cheap dedicated server

Any provider offer the dedicated for lower than $10 with 2-4 ips?

Comments

• DelimiterVPS Atom if you pay yearly.. I think it's $60/yr, so $5/mo, and then IPs are $1/IP/mo. So $9/mo - but you gotta prepay for a year. @MarkTurner

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • AFAIK the only provider who offers dedicated for lower than $10 is OVH (Kimsufi).

• Online.net SC gen2, Kimsufi, and Delimeter are all good.

I'm not sure about IP, but I think with Kimsufi you only pay for IPs one time.

• @c1bl Kimsufi only lets you have 1 IP, can't even buy more. You're thinking SoYouStart where you can buy 16 IPs for a one-time fee. Online.net is 2eur/mo per additional IP I think.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Yea you're right @mikeyur

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited November 2014

It might not be $10/mo (and it is well above budget) but this is the UK.

But we can do £27.70/mo

Dual-Core Intel Atom D525 @ 1.8GHz

2GB DDR3

1x 250GB SATA

4 IP address

Dedicated 100Mbit Port

5000GB Monthly Transfer

https://www.myserverplanet.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=81

• @MSPNick are you joking right now? Please tell me you're joking. As unrealistic as OP's budget is.. how did you think posting an offer at 4x stated budget would be a good idea?

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @mikeyur said:
    c1bl Kimsufi only lets you have 1 IP, can't even buy more. You're thinking SoYouStart where you can buy 16 IPs for a one-time fee. Online.net is 2eur/mo per additional IP I think.

the set up fee is too high at online.net

• @Nickman - Delimiter has Atom $5/month (paid annually) or $10/month (paid monthly) but limited to 1 IP - http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=A2302100&l=Atlanta

Or above budget Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB Disk, 5TB transfer - $20/month (paid quarterly) or $30/month (paid monthly) and you can add upto /28 - http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=X515016500&l=Atlanta

• @Nickman said: the set up fee is too high at online.net

You're pretty much either going to need to pay a setup fee, or pre-pay for a year, to get a dedi with your requirements for under $10/mo. There's no incentive for a host to offer it for less.

If you drop the multiple IP requirement, I would say go for a Kimsufi. And then if you really need more IPs, find a decent VPS provider with a multiple IP deal or cheap yearly w/ dedicated IPv4 and setup a GRE tunnel.

• MSPNick said: Dual-Core Intel Atom D525 @ 1.8GHz

your charging £27.70 a month for this crap? i could probably buy one for that. ( a D525 computer)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

You did not mentionned if you were looking for a dedi or a vps and what specs ?
    What is the purpose of the server ?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

@Ikoula said:
    Hello,

You did not mentionned if you were looking for a dedi or a vps and what specs ?
    What is the purpose of the server ?

Thread title: Need a cheap dedicated server

OP: Any provider offer the dedicated for lower than $10 with 2-4 ips?

Still unclear whether the OP wants dedi or VPS?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • kimsufi only has 1 IP address. Support is non existent so if your hard drive fails, don't expect it to be replaced soon.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

The space/power cost for a dedicated server is going to be more than $10 per month, especially for older gear that eats a lot of power. That doesn't cover any other costs, let alone profits.

Selling things for below cost isn't a good way for a provider to remain in business...

Thanked by 1jamaica
  • @qps said:
    The space/power cost for a dedicated server is going to be more than $10 per month, especially for older gear that eats a lot of power. That doesn't cover any other costs, let alone profits.

Selling things for below cost isn't a good way for a provider to remain in business...

This. If you see a provider selling dedicated servers that cheap, somethings wrong with the business model and you should probably watch out. I understand that this is LET, but let's be realistic here.

Thanked by 2qps jamaica
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I agree and i add that if you find a dedi below 10$ it will probably not be enough to meet your expectations that's why i asked what you gonna do with it ?

Nethertheless if the cost is the most important factor i have something for you
    It is a vm named PICO for arround 6$ at:
    http://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

Let me know if you have any question.