Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For unmanaged vps with support to install openvpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For unmanaged vps with support to install openvpn

hye, i am looking for unmanaged vps for around 10usd per month for my own personal use. i am looking to use it for my personal vpn. I have limited knowledge with linux so i am looking for provider which have support in installing the openvpn for me for some fee perhaps.

Comments

• SadySady Member
    edited November 2014

XVMLabs.com have automatic OpenVPN installer integrated with their custom panel.

Or simply you can use nyr's script: https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install to do that, it's like 1,2,3 & done :)

Thanked by 2TheGiantSlayer Nyr
  • this is the best ovpn installer you will get.

https://github.com/Nyr/
    openvpn-install

Thanked by 2TheGiantSlayer Nyr
  • +1 for nyr

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • @Sady said:
    use nyr's script: https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install to do that

@nyr your script to the rescue once again!

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • @wych said:
    nyr your script to the rescue once again!

Struggling to get this same on CentOS :)

• you shoul> @Sady said:

debian6 or 7

• thanks for the feedback. so I have to use debian only the nyr's script?

• @TheGiantSlayer said:
    thanks for the feedback. so I have to use debian only the nyr's script?

Yes, you will have to. Or it may works on Ubuntu but haven't tried it on Ubuntu.

• edited November 2014

@Sady said:
    XVMLabs.com have automatic OpenVPN installer integrated with their custom panel.

Or simply you can use nyr's script: https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install to do that, it's like 1,2,3 & done :)

thanks for the feedback. it really helps me a lot.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Sady said:
    Yes, you will have to. Or it may works on Ubuntu but haven't tried it on Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is fully supported too, since it's a Debian-based distro :)

Thanks for the love, guys.

• Any reason you don't want to buy a VPN service from a VPN provider for around $5 per month?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@ACaton said:
    Any reason you don't want to buy a VPN service from a VPN provider for around $5 per month?

• Privacy
    • Dedicated IP
    • Location choice
    • Internal networking
    • VPN providers usually suck big time

And many more.

• @ACaton said:
    Any reason you don't want to buy a VPN service from a VPN provider for around $5 per month?

why buy when you can create it for less

• lol u want an unmanaged service but you dont know anything i would suggest buying from a vpn provider.

• @akz said:
    but you dont know anything i would suggest buying from a vpn provider.

This.

• @enitan092 said:
    why buy when you can create it for less

I dont know what the average is, but our entry level pricing is £0.50 GBP per month, you are on a shared IP, but from my understanding (limited understanding...) that is often preferred anyway as it reduces the chances of your activity being traced back to you.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    I dont know what the average is, but our entry level pricing is £0.50 GBP per month, you are on a shared IP, but from my understanding (limited understanding...) that is often preferred anyway as it reduces the chances of your activity being traced back to you.

yes it does reduce the chance...

but what about if it get flagged

• Are you still looking for a VPS?

• @enitan092 said:
    but what about if it get flagged

That is true, its not something we have had any problems with to this date, but it is reasonably easy for us to switch to another IP if we really had to.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    That is true, its not something we have had any problems with to this date, but it is reasonably easy for us to switch to another IP if we really had to.

okey

• @ACaton said:

I was thinking on learning to do this on my own.

@akz said:
    lol u want an unmanaged service but you dont know anything i would suggest buying from a vpn provider.

thanks for the suggestions. But i am doing this because i just want to learn. maybe bit by bit.

@micronetvps said:
    Are you still looking for a VPS?

yes. any good offer?

• I have a spare VPS at XVMLabs with 512MB and 7 IPs. Valid until 06-sept-2015. If you are interested, I would like to transfer it for $5. It supports OpenVPN installer script and have 7 dedicated IPs, very useful for VPN.

• windytime90windytime90 Member
    edited November 2014

More infor, it's in West Coast, LA, 5GB SSD, 512MB RAM, 100GB bandwidth :D. It's very cheap (only $5 for about 10 months and the service is quite good).

• @windytime90 said:
    I have a spare VPS at XVMLabs with 512MB and 7 IPs. Valid until 06-sept-2015. If you are interested, I would like to transfer it for $5. It supports OpenVPN installer script and have 7 dedicated IPs, very useful for VPN.

i will send you private message. thanks