Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About @GreenHostBox (GHB) - comments and status - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About @GreenHostBox (GHB) - comments and status

2»

Comments

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited December 2014

@wych also providing update because if I just leave it without any feedback what is the difference between my review and others where one cannot even decide what was the issue that created positive or negative review and how it was dealt by the provider. Atleast I am leaving a comment so that anyone can have an idea what to expect from the provider.

• As according to wych this has turned into some running commentary. But I think its now kind of a semi-review. But anyway, after being assured by @GreenHostBox last time, now again his services are down. Since almost 6 hours the service is down. GreenHostBox website is down and all my WHM, CPanels and websites are down.
    Just wanted to give an update.
    And yes everytime when i posted a comment here @GreenHostBox posted some reply or clarification let us see if he does it this time.

• As per http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/39085/greenhostbox-how-should-i-proceed-about-it#latest
    Here is a reply from @GreenHostBox

Lets see what is the outcome of this discussion that we have.

• How can CSF have an "outage" even if it fails LFD should pick it back up, and in the case both fail, nothing will actually happen.. the IP tables won't get wiped..

Poor excuse imo..

• Well what can I say about it ? I was speechless myself. I am still giving a test to the service.

• @GreenHostBox can you explain this CSF 'outage'?

• @Nekki said:
    GreenHostBox can you explain this CSF 'outage'?

Dreamin'

• ATHK said: Dreamin'

Got to give the guy a chance to explain himself, sometimes not every response is properly considered before being posted.

If, however, there's simply no response, that will tell it's own tale...

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited December 2014

@ATHK said:
    How can CSF have an "outage" even if it fails LFD should pick it back up, and in the case both fail, nothing will actually happen.. the IP tables won't get wiped..

Poor excuse imo..

I never said CSF firewall has failed.

@Nekki said:
    GreenHostBox can you explain this CSF 'outage'?

You can call it an outrage or not. Our CSF firewall blocked everyone from connecting to our server. We had to work with our provider because the firewall even locked us from accessing the server. After flushing all blocks and disabling the firewall, the server was reachable again.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    You can call it an outrage or not. Our CSF firewall blocked everyone from connecting to our server. We had to work with our provider because the firewall even locked us from accessing the server. After flushing all blocks and disabling the firewall, the server was reachable again.

How did it happen was more the point. User error? Nothing wrong to owning up to a mistake if so. Or did your provider let you down?

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited December 2014

@Nekki said:
    How did it happen was more the point. User error? Nothing wrong to owning up to a mistake if so. Or did your provider let you down?

We are still investigating what exactly caused this problem but we believe it has to do with our CSF firewall configuration. We tweaked our firewall so it's less strict and it seems to be going smoothly. CSF was installed on our end and so has to do nothing with our provider.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    We are still investigating what exactly caused this problem but we believe it has to do with our CSF firewall configuration.

Be interesting to know what, because I've never heard of CSF spuriously blocking everything with no human intervention.

• GreenHostBox said: I never said CSF firewall has failed.

MY point was .. even if it did it wouldn't cause any damage...

• Well its still a mystery but the service has been almost stable since @GreenHostBox updated that he made the changes. Only a few minute timeouts. So betterment is there. I will keep monitoring and will give my feedback to @GreenHostBox every 10/20/30 days.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited December 2014

Btw anyone having trouble logging into greenhostbox.com as due to some reason when i try to log in it shows me page unavailable message. @GreenHostBox still not available on alternative contact method and since I cannot log in to open up any ticket or contact support/billing for any task. Though dropped an email on the support address but please if anyone having the same issue please share.

• I'd cancel and move elsewhere mate. Clearly they can't keep things going for some reason.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish ATHK
  • If you are using csf, it is possible your IPs could have been blocked. Try this - use a neutral IP instead of the normal one that's used and check if connection is possible. If it is, then log in, go to csf, put all your used IPs in ignore list, not white list. White listing doesn't work.

This happens mostly because you run too many interfaces to your account, ie. email client, whm, cpanel, etc. I have checked your host's website several times and t loads quickly.

• @century1stop Yeah I changed the IP of my connection and also cleared the caches of all the web browsers and now the website is working fine. I also got the reply of the email I sent to @GreenHostBox, I have provided him feedback.
    @Nekki Well I am still giving time as I do need to give complete chance for John to sort things out. I will be not moving any more crucial domains but keep an eye for around a month more.
    I really hope his services are stable. They have been fine since he made the last changes to the csf on December 15, that is 5 days now.

• @Greenhostbox service down once again. No reply from anyone from that end. Another dip in the quality. I wonder what is the reason this time?

• gtraxgtrax Member

Received an email from @GreenHostBox on 7th March 2015 which said:

Hello _ _ _ _ _,

We have changed our company name and domain to start fresh and continue our growth!
    Our new company name is BrizaWeb and you can find our website at http://brizaweb.com

We have not sold our company and we have no plans on selling it. The company is still
    under the same ownership. You will be unable to access http://greenhostbox.com after
    receiving this email. There will be a lot of changes along the days!

Thanks for hosting with us!

The other reports are that they have just stopped the vps services and they gave a 7 day notice to the vps holders. I don't know anything about refunds (partial/pro-rated) and people seem to be complaining that they should offer refunds to vps holders. If I get any info about that I will update.

Still holding a hosting account with them. Since the change a couple of script related errors but nothing unstable.

• move elsewhere, putting up more threads won't solve anything

• zevuszevus Member

@gtrax said:
    Greenhostbox service down once again. No reply from anyone from that end. Another dip in the quality. I wonder what is the reason this time?

it's the name, it exudes negative vibes . failure to grok this will lead to the inevitable

i suggest a change to limehostbox, aparagushostbox, or viridianhostbox