Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a datacenter administrator (sysadmin)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We need a datacenter administrator (sysadmin)

cociucociu Member
edited November 2014 in General

Hello, I need someone to manage a datacenter. We seek a person with knowledge of linux and networks. The payment is a percentage of all sales (up 30%), and preferably know Spanish or Romanian. What can be remotely

Payments are instant every order (percentage) for recurring services payments are instant when the customer pays

Comments

• You should include a detailed list of qualification, experience and expertise you are looking for.

Thanked by 1xDutchy
  • Mark Turner , most know most win :) If is possible in need this guy know everything

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

"manage a datacenter" how large is the data centre? How large is the network? are you looking for day time support? what country? Do you need to be on-call?

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @cociu - but there is 'know' and know. And as AlexanderM what is the scale of the datacentre? Are we talking 'datacentre' or datacentre? Is it one server rented from OVH or your own facility.

Assuming its your facility, then you're going to need someone that can manage your infrastructure read HVAC, generators/UPS/power systems as well as fire systems etc. Then once you have that working, then your network infrastructure - transmission/routing/switching and so on.

I think you need to define the scale of this, location and what actual duties you want to perform.

If you need inspiration then look at other datacentre operators and see what they expect at a minimum.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • AlexanderM , no need be on-call , for the moment we have about 237 servers, is located in Romania, but the guy he can work remotly. I repet i pay procentaje if need more servers i buy , if the gay is interesed and work he win many many $$$ and the most important is paymant instantly for exmple wright now is entry 1 payment for 1 services of 100 euros/mounth this gay he win 30 euros every mounts until the client pay. it is as straight as an associate just all the work falls on it and we take care of the hardware, new investment and monthly costs

• we have oun datacenter (when we speak of a datacenter can not talk about servers rented from another company)

• @cociu said:
    if the gay is interesed and work he win many many $$$

Sorry, I couldn't help myself; Best of luck finding a SysAdmin.

• First you say gay, then straight. Make your mind up!

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'm interested. I got the romanian part covered.

@Ishaq said:

First you say gay, then straight. Make your mind up!

OP probably using G translate.

• guy , sorry , i still practicate my english

• This thread give me chuckle :D Good luck finding your sysadmin :)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • The worrying part is seeing him talk about paying for entry, after the gay comment.

English translation was not too good there cociu, but good luck :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Din romania este valabila oferta pentru sysadmin?

From romania offer is valid for sysadmin?

• Hostingfuze you are the best options for me pleas PM

• What do you look for? I speak limited Romanian.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Add me to skype, it would be interesting :-)

• @William said:
    What do you look for? I speak limited Romanian.

As opposed to unlimited Romanian?

• sc754 said: As opposed to unlimited Romanian?

He's not overselling his Romainian

• So basically I hire a sales and PR for 70% of my sales profit? That's expensive.

• @BharatB said:
    I'm interested. I got the romanian part covered.

lol

@FrankZ said:
    lol

whats so funny ? xD

• @BharatB said: whats so funny ? xD

You closed up shop due to health problems, yesterday

and today you are wanting to run a data center in Romania

That made me chuckle.

Thanked by 4Mark_R Nekki Pwner GM2015
  • I can't image how to manage a DATACENTER remotely. Maybe this sysadmin need to be a cyberman?

• @Profforg said:
    I can't image how to manage a DATACENTER remotely. Maybe this sysadmin need to be a cyberman?

Ironman.

• sc754 said: As opposed to unlimited Romanian?

As opposed to "good" romanian :)

• wych said: Ironman.

Nope. I mind it should be someone connected to network 24/7/365 to be able to manage a datacenter :)

@FrankZ said:
    That made me chuckle.

Its not my health problem. And by datacenter remotely I think he means managing servers which I can do.

• cociu said: Mark Turner , most know most win :) If is possible in need this guy know everything

No offense, OP. But a Jack Of All Trades with the right skill set should not be compensated with a 30% percentage of sales, especially when their job is a Systems Administrator.

A well versed Systems Administrator should be paid a reasonable compensation depending on their qualifications and given benefits etc... A fluctuating percentage is not an acceptable compensation for a job such as this.

If your budget is rather low, you might wish to consider a company like PSM or BobCares.

• thancks all , i have find yet a person