Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad.net - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad.net

13»

Comments

• NickONickO Member

@davidnz said: windows vps suck with them, it took 7 days and they could not figure out why my cpu was idling at 100% which was unusable this was a vanilla install too

Hi David,
    Do you want to contact the billing department about the matter? We'll compensate you for any problems that may have been caused if you want to continue using our service.
    We also plan on bringing new Windows VPS nodes online with KVM instead of XEN HVM which will increase performance.
    Regards,
    Nick.

• @FTN_Nick said: We also plan on bringing new Windows VPS nodes online with KVM instead of XEN HVM which will increase performance.

Regards,
    Nick.

Really, i remember Urpad saying they had no plans for KVM just a few month ago.

Thanked by 2tux DeletedUser
  • NickONickO Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: Really, i remember Urpad saying they had no plans for KVM just a few month ago.

Hi,
    The KVM virtualization platform will be used strictly and only available for Windows VPS.
    Thanks,
    Nick.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • flyfly Member

man, kvm is sweet. y u gotta limit it to windows :(

• @FTN_Nick

Whilst i have your attention, could you ask one of your ignorant co-workers to get in touch with me (Chris/Kevin) before i have to make my situation public to get a response.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: before i have to make my situation public to get a response

@GetKVM_Ash You're coming out of the closet? Congrats!

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • @telephone said: @GetKVM_Ash You're coming out of the closet? Congrats!

Lol. I think my 2 year old son pretty much defeats that statement :)

• NickONickO Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: Whilst i have your attention, could you ask one of your ignorant co-workers to get in touch with me (Chris/Kevin) before i have to make my situation public to get a response.

I'll let them know for you :).
    Feel free to email me at nick[at]ftnhosting.net

• 2 months ago i had my vps suspended due tue DDoS, like Dylan reported because i have made more than 1000 connections - they will drop your vps. :) and not warning me until i create a ticket.

+5 months with them in Dallas, their support is good and network performance acceptable for me.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 26.4107 s, 40.7 MB/s

• laaevlaaev Member

@deregen said: 2 months ago i had my vps suspended due tue DDoS, like Dylan reported because i have made more than 1000 connections - they will drop your vps. :) and not warning me until i create a ticket.

It really depends on the severity of the attack, honestly we can't allow a VPS getting DDoSed to start affecting the quality of our network which in turn affects other customers on the same VPS node. If the attack is minor and doesn't affect other customers, we would simply send you a notification first. Nevertheless, we suggest installing a firewall such as DDoS deflate and/or CSF which has been proven to be very effective, which should block small to medium sized attacks. If you need help installing this, please PM me.

@deregen said: +5 months with them in Dallas, their support is good and network performance acceptable for me.

Glad to hear that your overall experience with us has been satisfactory.

@deregen said: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 26.4107 s, 40.7 MB/s

This should be improved significantly. We plan on upgrading Dallas nodes around early next month (August) and you will be sent further details about this via email within the next few days. Our upgrades will feature RAID10 with E3-1270V2 processors so you can easily expect over 250 MB/s disk performance after the upgrade is complete :)

Best,
    Kevin

Thanked by 1NickO
  • @FTN_Kevin : i've been installed the packages for the first running it. Great support with great performance are good combinations :D

Thanked by 1laaev
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: Lol. I think my 2 year old son pretty much defeats that statement :)

I know several non-straight guys that have wife and children

• @jcaleb said: I know several non-straight guys that have wife and children

Alright then, my girlfriend that i actively have enjoyable sex with, would that cover it?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@GetKVM_Ash Plenty of gay men have sex with women, it proves nothing.

I just wanted to get in on the most awkward conversation ever, I have zero evidence of the above statement...

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Alright then, my girlfriend that i actively have enjoyable sex with, would that cover it?

I feel like I came into this at the wrong time (hehe innuendo joke).

Thanked by 1jar
  • Just joking, I hope no offense was done

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Alright then, my girlfriend that i actively have enjoyable sex with, would that cover it?

I think simply stating "I'm a heterosexual" or "I'm a homosexual" is all it should take in this day and age, who cares what your sexual preference is, we are here to talk about VPS

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited August 2012

@miTgiB said: I think simply stating "I'm a heterosexual" or "I'm a homosexual" is all it should take in this day and age, who cares what your sexual preference is, we are here to talk about VPS

Tell that to the person that brought it up/derailed in the first place :)