Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8-16gb vps or dedi 2x1tb and 1gbps uplink unmetered or high bw in europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8-16gb vps or dedi 2x1tb and 1gbps uplink unmetered or high bw in europe

Hi
im looking for a server with the above specs with no setup fees anyone have any suggestions?

maximum of 28 euros not oneprovider they suck
must be torrent frendly or not notice ;)

thanks in advance

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kimsufi or online.net are literally your only other choice with such a tiny budget and those requirements

• Online.net would get my vote.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited November 2014

Buying 2 of these http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc would be a great option too, you would get 2x1gbps for torrenting

But on http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-essential/ (OVH)

You would have 2x2tb for almost the same price (30€)

• +1 for Online.net

Thanked by 2TheKiller Droid
  • Forget it, OVH and Online.net are your only choice.

• online.net

• Go to OVH/SYS, today they always give 2 x 2tb with fresh HDD (Europe locations). More powerful hardware with the same prices.

• Go to Kimsufi, I5, 16G, 1T(May be 2T), 19.99EUR.

• @RackerJack, I am curious why you feel OneProvider sucks?

I have found OneProvider to be not too bad at all:

• I had a couple of VPS with them years ago (admittedly, performance in some "exotic" locations was not good though). But, now a dedicated server and everything is fine
    • Cheaper than Online.net with better specs ... reselling an Online.net server!
    • Nice on-demand IPKVM with remote ISO, Rescue Mode (allowing you to use Debootstrap for custom setups), etc
    • On-demand rDNS
    • Good support response time (except, of course, on weekends ... like what I hear from Online.net)
    • They accept Paypal
    • For US customers they don't let the fee fluctuate with the exchange rate; they convert the first payment to USD and then bill that amount without fluctuation

I am just a customer, no other relationship with them other than that.

• @geekalot said:
    RackerJack, I am curious why you feel OneProvider sucks?

Eh? No they aren't. They generally sell online.net's old kit, and they also sell it more expensive than the new kit e.g. the little VIA Nano boxes at 5.99 Euro's on online.net, yet they start at 7 Euros on oneprovider with less spec.

They only advantages going via oneprovider for online's servers is - 'For US customers they don't let the fee fluctuate with the exchange rate; they convert the first payment to USD and then bill that amount without fluctuation' Thats it, every other instance its better to go direct.

I like Oneprovider as they have some good great prices in some locations where other hosts don't publicly list, but the Paris servers just don't make sense.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited November 2014

(Double post for some reason ... post is below.)

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited November 2014

@frank, definitely not my experience with OneProvider ... this server was definitely cheaper than Online.net's for the same specs. As I could have gone with either provider and I would always rather go "directly" with a Provider vs going via a Reseller.

BTW, maybe it is due to it being a "special" that it seems is semi-permanent for OneProvider's Paris locations (i.e., https://panel.op-net.com/buy/recycle). (OneProvider's other locations do cost more, but OP specified Europe).

(And yes, it is irrelevant to me how old the hardware is as long as it performs and is reliable).

Cheers

Edit: In my specific case I needed the most CPU for the $$$ with at least RAID1 because I wanted to use Proxmox on top of Encrypted filesystem. I used http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php to compare the CPU's and OneProvider was cheaper than Online.net for the performance level I needed + no setup fee.

Anyway, just posting all this in case it helps anyone else decide for themselves. So far, (a couple months in) I am quite happy with OneProvider reselling Online.net ... and I can be one picky bastard :)

Hope I didn't derail this thread.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited November 2014

You might find something at Hetzner's server auction: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

There don't seem to be any offers that fit your requirements at the moment, but I once scored a server with 16 GB RAM and 2x3TB HDD for 31€ there.

Edit: Not sure about their torrenting policy though (and it's in Germany...). Maybe someone can enlighten me?

• @ucxo said:
    You might find something at Hetzner's server auction: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

There don't seem to be any offers that fit your requirements at the moment, but I once scored a server with 16 GB RAM and 2x3TB HDD for 31€ there.

Edit: Not sure about their torrenting policy though (and it's in Germany...). Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Hetzner has a bandwith limit of 10tb, then capps to 10 mbps

• @geekalot said:
    RackerJack, I am curious why you feel OneProvider sucks?

I have found OneProvider to be not too bad at all:

• I had a couple of VPS with them years ago (admittedly, performance in some "exotic" locations was not good though). But, now a dedicated server and everything is fine
    • Nice on-demand IPKVM with remote ISO, Rescue Mode (allowing you to use Debootstrap for custom setups), etc
    • On-demand rDNS
    • Good support response time (except, of course, on weekends ... like what I hear from Online.net)
    • They accept Paypal
    • For US customers they don't let the fee fluctuate with the exchange rate; they convert the first payment to USD and then bill that amount without fluctuation

I am just a customer, no other relationship with them other than that.

I had a server for a while with oneprovider i caused a kernel panic and could not get into the server via there DRAC which they would not fix for me and ended up recycling the server with no chance for me to recover data before they did really poor customer service this is why they suck.... all they needed to do is fix DRAC but they ended up destroying the server

douches

• @RackerJack said:
    I had a server for a while with oneprovider i caused a kernel panic and could not get into the server via there DRAC which they would not fix for me and ended up recycling the server with no chance for me to recover data before they did really poor customer service this is why they suck.... all they needed to do is fix DRAC but they ended up destroying the server

>

douches

@RackerJack, interesting. Maybe they have changed their ways?

I have had the IPMI/DRAC freeze twice now with the server I have and they simply escalated a ticket to Online.net and got it working in a timely fashion.

Believe me, after the poor performance I experienced from one of their VPS's in Australia (before they got out of the VPS game), I was not hot on the idea of utilizing OneProvider again. But the Price vs Performance (in Paris) and their acceptance of Paypal made me give them another try.

I have been pleasantly surprised this time around by OneProvider.

YMMV

Cheers

• @RackerJack said:
    Hi
    im looking for a server with the above specs with no setup fees anyone have any suggestions?

maximum of 28 euros not oneprovider they suck
    must be torrent frendly or not notice ;)

thanks in advance

Come with us, we can help you with Online provider. We can help me with good support instead of them