Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Transfer Certain Clients to another installation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Transfer Certain Clients to another installation?

Hi, I've seen people sell certain clients in their WHMCS to other companies on forums like WHT.

I was wondering how you export certain clients, and then import them into another whmcs installation.

Comments

• I can do it for a small fee.

• if you can explain little bit I can arrange something. you can use WHMCS api :)

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited November 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I can do it for a small fee.

I think his looking on advice to do it.

I know it sounds stupid, but when I did mergers I installed another copy of WHMCS on our server and dumped in the new DB with the configuration file before uploading the main DB of ours..

Visa Versa.

Then just use WHMCS Merge, which is provided for free and port the info over to your database you have for your billing

If anyone does have any advice on how to do it quicker, let me know! lol

• @Stacy: To be honest with you, I think there's only one right way to do it.

1. Put your WHMCS in Maintenance Mode (maybe disable the cron jobs too)
    2. Backup your database.
    3. Remove all the clients you do NOT wish to migrate.
    4. Use the WHMCS migration script and follow the instructions. This will migrate pretty much everyone on the existing installation.
    5. Once done, restore the database on the old WHMCS installation.
    6. Remove Maintenance Mode and re-enable the cron jobs if applicable.

I hope that helps.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have looked in to this in the past as well there is no simple way and while @DalekOfSkaro is correct unless you know how to do the remove (step 3) via sql i.e. automate it it could take a week+ to do that.

• @AnthoneySmith: Well, @Stacy can use the WHMCS API to delete the clients: http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Delete_Client

This should drastically cut down the time used to finish Step #3

• edited November 2014
    1. Backup DB
    2. Download it to local
    3. Execute it to a local DB
    4. Now there are various DB apps to manage I prefer navication ( not PHPMYADMIN )
    5. run query to search username
    6. note row ID , execute "DELETE FROM table WHERE row_id != the_id"
    7. dump data to sql txt file , copy the INSERT query in the text execute it into your db via command line in linux.

P.S. If you still dont get it pm me and I'll do it for a small fee.

@DalekOfSkaro

TBH process you mentioned is time consuming and to be frank its not required to be done via such a lengthy process.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

VPSRAIDSolutions said: run query to search username

what if the split is by product, and what is 1 clients has more than 1 product and you want to keep the other product on the server and move the other?

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited November 2014

Select the 'tblclients' table and just use the phpMyAdmin custom export method to backup the individual client using row number. Then just use the phpMyAdmin import feature to restore the client in your other WHMCS. You might want to do the same thing for other tables that contain the client's invoices, services, etc.