Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Fliphost" not responding.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"Fliphost" not responding.

lifehomelifehome Member
edited November 2014 in Providers

Previously I have bought an annual plan with FlipHost for my friend, it's a KVM SSD 2(1GBKVM) plan. With some doubt of their link at the bottom, I asked one here in LET(#1), and turns out should not be a BIG issue for me to worry about.

Recently I've been looking for some similar plan for me to try out for, and see if fits me at all. I tried to get back to Fliphost, with LEB post replied, and support ticket sent. I haven't seen them awhile....

So is this something I should be concern about? Or the USA is just having some holidays these days?

(#1) : What does this means...? (FlipHost) - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35839

Comments

• There's no user on the forum called 'FlipHost' anymore if that what you mean. The business was sold to QueryFoundry and the original owner is no longer associated with the company.

If you're looking to buy and you're getting nothing back from ticket responses, I'd give them a miss, not a good start.

• Is @concerto49 related to fliphost or am I getting my wires twisted?

• @Jack said:
    That's the one wych he is an aussie though so it's about 11PM or something.

10:27pm east coast, he should be awake really.. it's a tad warm.

• @concerto49 is probably the guy you want.

• Or even better, open a ticket with them.

• @rds100 said:
    Or even better, open a ticket with them.

and support ticket sent. I haven't seen them awhile....

• Beware of Query Foundry.

Thanked by 1LES
  • @0xdragon said:
    Beware of Query Foundry.

Very mystic.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Is this a sales ticket? Sales has had to take a back seat due to personal health issues of the sole member in that department.

If not, please PM ticket number, or give it another bump. I'll see what's going on.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

So you are not happy with their communication and still want to get a service with them?

Thanked by 2Nekki ucxo
  • Fliphost used to be something good, now not so much. Had a DDOS hit the server I was hosting my storage node on, and it took them ~12 hours to respond to the ticket saying it was fixed now.

Thankfully it was fixed, but they just let a storage node take the brunt of a DDOS for 12 hours, which they normally wouldn't in the past. Responses are slow.

If you are looking for a good KVM I suggest either catalysthost, ramnode, or buyvm.

Thanked by 1project10
  • Mun said: Fliphost used to be something good, now not so much. Had a DDOS hit the server I was hosting my storage node on, and it took them ~12 hours to respond to the ticket saying it was fixed now.

Huh. All my issue tickets have had within-the-hour resolutions.

• @Rallias said:
    Huh. All my issue tickets have had within-the-hour resolutions.

That is usually what I saw in the past, but not as of recent, it is very concerning.

• maybe @Awmusic12635 still works for them?

• @PcJamesy said:
    maybe Awmusic12635 still works for them?

He does not.

• @Nekki said:
    He does not.

:( i liked him as a provider. I know he continued working after selling fliphost. Still going to hold on to that $7/m 1TB promo i got.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

PcJamesy said: maybe @Awmusic12635 still works for them?

No I am no longer with Query Foundry, close to a month so far. That is what I had my username changed.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    That is what I had my username changed.

Did you use a random name generator or something? ;)

ATHK said: Did you use a random name generator or something? ;)

lol nope, been using this username for many many years in other places.

• What did you used to go by?

@Mun I used to use the username Fliphost here

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    Mun I used to use the username Fliphost here

Cries, I miss you.... :( guess it is time to find a new host.

• @Wintereise said:
    Is this a sales ticket? Sales has had to take a back seat due to personal health issues of the sole member in that department.

If not, please PM ticket number, or give it another bump. I'll see what's going on.

Finally... The issue is personal healthcare huh? And yes, I was wondering if the LEB promo will be restocked, so therefore shot a sales ticket for the question, AND posted a reply on LEB post too. But either way I got no response at all.

@Mun said:
    Fliphost used to be something good, now not so much.

>

If you are looking for a good KVM I suggest either catalysthost, ramnode, or buyvm.

Agree, and no. CatalystHost/RamNode/BuyVM is kinda.... kinky on the pricing. BuyVM/RamNode seems to have a congestion on the network to Hong Kong, and CatalystHost is.... did they provide KVMs?

• lifehome said: And yes, I was wondering if the LEB promo will be restocked, so therefore shot a sales ticket for the question, AND posted a reply on LEB post too

It probably will be, once sales is fully back up to speed.

Apologies for the lack of responses, but health issues are just that.

Support is fully operational with us automating more, and more of everything.

• lifehome said: Agree, and no. CatalystHost/RamNode/BuyVM is kinda.... kinky on the pricing. BuyVM/RamNode seems to have a congestion on the network to Hong Kong, and CatalystHost is.... did they provide KVMs?

Howdy! Yes we do provide KVM plans, which are available here: https://catalysthost.com/kvm-plans/

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited November 2014

@Mun said:

I had just put 6 months worth of credit onto my account w weeks ago, then again i havnt seen anyone else beat the deal i have yet.

I still do recomend fliphosts services they are great. Cant say anything about support since quartyfoundery took over; havnt opened a ticket in months.

• @HalfEatenPie A bit over my budget IMO on LEB.... Also I'm looking for some KVMs in LA. sry abt that

• @lifehome said:
    HalfEatenPie A bit over my budget IMO on LEB.... Also I'm looking for some KVMs in LA. sry abt that

Not a problem. LEB isn't our target. Just simply correcting incorrect information.