Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Annoying Windows Error Help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Annoying Windows Error Help

I need help on a Windows 8 machine. I am not very familiar how to troubleshoot Windows.

My friend's computer has this error on login to computer.

Any ideas? Thank you

Comments

• The last image says "Driver Auto Setup Launcher"

• It appears there is some installer set up to run at startup and fails. Maybe not the best but the easiest way would be to remove it from there. I believe the task manager of Windows 8 also lists startup items with the possibility to remove them.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • check what process is showing the window and remove it from start up if it exists.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • I will check your advices. Thank you

• If it's no program at Startup, remove it from Registry :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Check msconfig via run and disable that program from running on boot.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • I think it's an software auto installed when your friend install some other software.
    Go to programs and look for Auto Driver Updater or something similar and uninstall it.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • wych said: Check msconfig via run and disable that program from running on boot.

that wont work for windows 8.

i think the main problem is the fact your friend is using windows 8. its utter crap.

Thanked by 3jcaleb Pwner lazyt
  • Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • On windows 8 startup items are configured in Task Manager. You can open msconfig but for startup items you will be directed to Task Manager anyway.

Thanked by 2netomx jcaleb
  • @DalComp said:
    On windows 8 startup items are configured in Task Manager. You can open msconfig but for startup items you will be directed to Task Manager anyway.

So yes, it will work as you run that command, then goto startup and have a similar system as before.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Before you remove anything from the startup options, make sure you find what application it is that is trying to start.

If this is a new problem on an old computer then I suspect that your friend got a spyware or similar installed. Find it an uninstall if not needed.

I could help over a teamviewer session if needed. just need to find a ime working for both of us.
    I could probably find the software and give a better answer within 10 minutes. :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • run **msconfig ** and disable the driver software on autostart programms.

• i was on about msconfig. windows 8 + its taskmgr only.

but lets face it its their own fault for using windows 8

• TarZZ92 said: i think the main problem is the fact your friend is using windows 8. its utter crap.

TarZZ92 said: but lets face it its their own fault for using windows 8

This is a subjective opinion and thus not a fact. If you want to keep a discussion going forward, you should try to be more objective.

Note: This same "problem" would apply to any other edition of Windows, a version popular-to-bash-on or not.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Windows is (was) a necessary evil and will continue to be for the corporate world for years to come until the current generation of business owners will retire. They wont install hack tools such as linux, even on servers.
    That being said, look at running processes while the pop-up is on and you will probably be able to find the culprit. How it solve it from there, largely depends on what it is, but the removal from starting up will at least stop the errors, at most will solve the problem for good.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You might also want to check the Event Viewer.

It takes a little clicking around...though it's easier to use than, say, the systemd logs :-)

• wrox said: This is a subjective opinion and thus not a fact. If you want to keep a discussion going forward, you should try to be more objective.

it actually is a fact. take a look at the general review of the OS. everyone hates it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: everyone hates it.

Again, opinion.

• Amazing how tempers flare when someone posts a Windows problem....

jcaleb, hope you get it resolved.

Thanked by 3jcaleb netomx mpkossen

@TarZZ92 said:
    it actually is a fact. take a look at the general review of the OS. everyone hates it.

Wrong.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2014

MikHo said: Wrong.

Windows 8 fanboy ^^^

• It's seems very hard to request any help and support at LET lately. Some people seems to compete who will give most irrelevant non helpful smart ass response...
    If you want to discuss about pro and cons of various operating systems open own thread please.

• TarZZ92 said: Windows 8 fanboy ^^^

Hey @TarZZ92, look at your reviews in here. You're hated - fact!

• Thank you all for the suggestions. I will try this again when I visit today or tomorrow.

The Windows 8 UI is just so frustrating because I don't know where to look for what.

@jcaleb said:
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I will try this again when I visit today or tomorrow.

The Windows 8 UI is just so frustrating because I don't know where to look for what.

Microsofts idea is to not use the GUI, use the search function instead.
    My offer still stands for the teamviewer session if interested.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MikHo said: Microsofts idea is to not use the GUI, use the search function instead. My offer still stands for the teamviewer session if interested.

Thank you so much for your generosity. I will try to figure first. The machine is inside office LAN and no public IP. I will try to figure it out.

Steps are simple.
    Find out (using task manager) what the process is and where it is running from.

If not clear if you need it or not, google the name, directory name or even look for something unique when looking at the properties of the file.

If you find out that it is not needed, try to uninstall from "remove programs" and check for leftovers in the directory.

If it's not available for uninstall, bewsre to just remove it as it could have done something bad on your computer.

Thanked by 1jcaleb