Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec review in 2014?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec review in 2014?

Does anybody have any current Dacentec reviews in 2014, I found old reviews but those are old. Alot can change in 2014

Comments

• Well, i have been a customer of theirs for a while, i have 3 Machines with them.

Network is pretty good, by standard with each server they add the ip's to a vlan so any spares can be used throughout each server. Download speeds are constant 800mbit-1gbit only problem is how they act on DDoS Attacks.

Although if it's an inbound one they will nullroute that specific ip (as most do) and it will be released within 5 minutes of the attack stopping.

but, for Outbound ones they will lock the entire machine down, so nothing can get in or out. so this can have an adverse affect on other customers.

Support is Absolutely Superb. and Very quick.
    Setup times is great (12-24 hours max)

overall i would rank them as...

8/10 for Budget Providers

6/10 for Allround Providers

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I still have a box with them and like it a lot. The only reason I would consider leaving them is the location which is great for east coast clients but I need lower latency in Denver.

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    Well, i have been a customer of theirs for a while, i have 3 Machines with them.

Network is pretty good, by standard with each server they add the ip's to a vlan so any spares can be used throughout each server. Download speeds are constant 800mbit-1gbit only problem is how they act on DDoS Attacks.

Although if it's an inbound one they will nullroute that specific ip (as most do) and it will be released within 5 minutes of the attack stopping.

but, for Outbound ones they will lock the entire machine down, so nothing can get in or out. so this can have an adverse affect on other customers.

Support is Absolutely Superb. and Very quick.
    Setup times is great (12-24 hours max)

overall i would rank them as...

8/10 for Budget Providers

6/10 for Allround Providers

Ah, not to worried about outbound DoS Attacks being sent, this machine will be used for some personal projects I have.

But hey, Thanks Guys... Dacentec is the one to go!

@AutoSnipe @KuJoe