Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Two Limited Quantity Specials Inside! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Two Limited Quantity Specials Inside!

2»

Comments

• CVPS_Chris said: Spencer, please do not lie. The information was not taken from WHMCS and it was public information found on the internet. It is illegal to release client information like that, and would never do anything like you have stated.

Ha good joke! We all know you don't have ethics.

• CVPS_Chris said: @Mun, why are you always lying? Yes we had two breaches because of SolusVM. Nothing to do with ChicagoVPS and its lack of security. Also, why dont you mention the other hosts that were affected by this? Thats right, you would rather single us out for whatever your agenda is.

Well Chris, please explain to me why you are one of the very few hosts affected by such breaches?

I have been with many providers, and you are the only one that has been hacked twice while I was a customer.

Where am I lying again Chris? For I see nothing I have lied about in this thread, you on the other hand are so full of lies that your lies become the "truth", just like my father.

Why don't I mention other hosts, well this is about you Chris as well as CVPS. This is your thread of course, and you came in here posting a new offer, trying to steal more money from customers on your "Oversold" edition of how to get rich quick schema. Now to note, I have gone against other hosts posting on here as well, many people know my lengthy attacks about GVH and there bull shit.

My agenda as of current is to protect customers from a pathological liar whom is more interested in coming into threads and bashing paying customers with his usual "#winning" enthusiasm. I am calling you out for your shady tactics in using a ladies name on a host you bought to hide it for some reason, instead of doing the legal and appropriate thing and putting it in your name.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/4950-the-truth-about-tdale-and-everything-that-happened-since-2012/?p=71038

I for one would rather not waste my time having to defend customers and instead would be happily impressed if the admins of this forum took advanced precaution and ban your offers from now on. It would be the best for every reader on this forum.

Sincerely,

...the ass hole that is more interested in protecting the membership of this forum then the admins.

Thanked by 2FrankZ k0nsl
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: So you are not a customer as stated, so your comment is taken with a grain of salt. Also you stated you were dealing with 123Systems correct? As stated in multiple threads, we DO NOT own 123Systems. So I please ask that you edit your comment so its truthful.

Grain of salt in my balls, that's my REAL experience and I can say the service sucks and I suffered it, even if I am not a direct customer. Don't call me stupid.

ChicagoVPS is thrilled to announce that our parent company, New Wave NetConnect, has acquired two web hosting and VPS firms, 123Systems and ElectricByte. Over the coming weeks and months we'll be working hard to bring an enhanced customer experience to the clients of those two operations through higher performance, better support and improved reliability. Our new 123Systems brand will continue to conduct business as its own distinct operation providing customers even more choice for unmanaged services within the New Wave NetConnect family.

Not going to edit my comment as I just state my crappy experience with the company. I have no idea if you really don't own the company any longer, since it was only a few months ago when YOU were promoting 123systems and talking shit about how great it was going to be with new changes and support and shit. You are a liar anyway if you sold it.

Bye.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Mun,

Again your thinking is flawed. If you really want to talk about it, here is not the place and you can email me.

Mun said: Well Chris, please explain to me why you are one of the very few hosts affected by such breaches?

ChicagoVPS is a large company, so yes its better for someone to run an exploit on a company and do real damage than attacking a small company that will get no publicity. Instead of pointing the finger at me, why does SolusVM not share any of the blame for putting millions of people data at risk?

Why does Ramnode never get recognized? ( Now the number 1 LEB provider ) They didnt even have backups if I remember when we did.

Mun said: I have been with many providers, and you are the only one that has been hacked twice while I was a customer.

I know you are smarter than this. Both times again, was because of SolusVM and NOTHING to do with our negligence. The first hack we sort of had an idea that it was because SolusVM but didnt have all the facts. The second time came around, and the same thing happened in the same exact fashion.

Mun said: My agenda as of current is to protect customers from a pathological liar whom is more interested in coming into threads and bashing paying customers with his usual "#winning" enthusiasm.

When have I ever bashed a customer? I have and never would ever "bash" a customer. I have been pretty silent on the forums the past 18 months. So what I have come to believe is that you are holding on to something that has happened in the past that is no longer relevant now.

I have admitted to mistakes in the past, so I am not sure why you cannot accept that and move on from those days.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited November 2014

CVPS_Chris said: When have I ever bashed a customer? I have and never would ever "bash" a customer.

You bashed me, a customer, when you posted my private info on this forum

• CVPS_Chris said: When have I ever bashed a customer? I have and never would ever "bash" a customer

Hahahahahaha, do I need to take you back to your raging posts last year??

• @CVPS_Chris

My thinking is not flawed, and it is very stable and here is the place to do it. Hiding behind an email and a WHMCS panel is all you have ever done. You like taking issues with your company behind close doors to hide the fact of the pure deluge of issues pouring out of it.

ChicagoVPS is yes, indeed, a very large company (per your own words). However, so is BuyVM. However, the size of the company doesn't determine its likely hood of being hacked. Most hacks are based on ease and knowledge of said host. In this case, you were running an "unsecured" SolusVM panel. Yes, it is there job to make sure it is secure, but is also your job to make sure it is secure. You should have done everything in your power, being the large company you are to pen test it. Check for exploits etc. However, it is clear to me that you never took this forward thinking process to heart until the community backlash forced you to change.

In regards to Ramnode, yes they were hacked. It is a sad truth for a relatively awesome host. However, I personally see this thread as your thread, and as such I am talking about you. If you would rather have me derail it and talk about all the bad hosts I have ever dealt with I surely am capable of doing that. I do like that you are trying to deflect my attacks instead of going directly after them though.

I am sorry Chris, but this is exactly the problem. You define your job as not having to secure SolusVM on your platform because it should have already been done. However, you as the provider should take every step necessary to make sure it is working as securely as it can even if you didn't make it.

You bashed customers all the time before, it was one of the reasons I really had to reconsider being a customer of yours.

Yes you have been very silent, but I will highlight, that just because you are quiet doesn't mean you don't do crappy things. I'd much rather you be here, and be a reasonable, and responsible adult, with a professional attitude.

If nothing is relevant because it was 18 months ago, then why don't you come clean and explain. Let go of the stuff holding you down, and start concentrating on making a good product. By a few nodes and move some of those bashed nodes customers to new ones. Invest in some anti-abuse scripts, etc. Hell change that horrible, sexist ad you still have floating around on here.

I will be able to move on once you take the time to think about your customers for a bit so that I don't have to read another thread bashing your performance. As just like you BuyVM is quite big, and they don't get near the amount of bashing you do. As such, I suggest you look into making a bit of clean up in house to resolve some of those nagging issues so that you start getting positive reviews instead of Meh or "this place is shit" reviews.

Take some time to reflect on your actions, and see how I can come to these points instead of why it seems I can't change.

Mun

• My only problem with chicagovps 'Don't have SolusVM' when I want made anything I login to my client this is not good.

Mun said: I'd much rather you be here, and be a reasonable, and responsible adult, with a professional attitude.

I am acting professional am I not? Like I said, I have made mistakes and owned up to how I have acted, but since then have cleaned up my act. You are unwilling to acknowledge it and still want to bring up the past.

Mun said: start concentrating on making a good product

We have a great product, and it has only been improved over time. Yes we have the occasional abusers that cause problems, which is only natural for an OpenVZ environment but we suspend and terminate when problems like that arise.

Mun said: As just like you BuyVM is quite big, and they don't get near the amount of bashing you do

Myself and Fran talk often, and I am not here to bash him or BuyVM. I will state however that BuyVM is not the size of ChicagoVPS. When you have 5 to 10 times the servers, more problems arise.

Mun said: I suggest you look into making a bit of clean up in house to resolve some of those nagging issues so that you start getting positive reviews instead of Meh or "this place is shit" reviews.

The problem with this logic is, even where there is a good review. You and others still somehow make it into a negative. Just like above it was suggested that I paid someone to make the comment.

• @CVPS_Chris Which locations currently have clean IPs. Last thing I heard from your support is that there are no clean IP's in LA.

@Upfreak, we have clean IPs in all locations. PM me your ticket ID so I can look

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Upfreak, we have clean IPs in all locations. PM me your ticket ID so I can look

@CVPS_Chris : I have PM'd you the ticket ID . Here it is as well #PAR-344871

• @Nekki Can I make an offer here ?

• People always make mistake.

I agree Chris made mistake in the past, but right now I see he's trying hard to provide good server, good support. So don't look at the past if not necessary.

• @c1bl said:
    People always make mistake.

I agree Chris made mistake in the past, but right now I see he's trying hard to provide good server, good support. So don't look at the past if not necessary.

He provides neither.

• c1bl said: don't look at the past

Obviously one does not learn from history.

Just sayin. :)

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Nekki Can I make an offer here ?

No you can't, have some dignity.

• LeeLee Veteran

@mun - you need to get a hobby, one that does not need access to the internet.

• Oh, is it April 1 already?

• alexhalexh Member
    edited November 2014

W1V_Lee said: @mun - you need to get a hobby, one that does not need access to the internet.

He's not wrong.

Somebody needs to stand up for those who are hurt by companies like this.

Companies like this hurt people on a daily basis, yet their owners/operators upset when negative reviews are published about them. If you provided a good service, there would be no negative reviews. People are not personally attacking you, Chris. Like any business, there's going to be feedback. It's your choice how this feedback is shaped and comes to light.

Mun has proven to make valuable contributions to this community; having strong opinions doesn't make it wrong to post here.

CVPS_Chris said: Why does Ramnode never get recognized?

Regardless of circumstance, it is extremely unprofessional to call other companies out like this. Perhaps the level of professionalism that Nick and his team shows contributes to the fact that they're so highly regarded. They dealt with the breach of security well; customers weren't affected to a great extend, and their team didn't make excuses.

I don't see Nick coming onto this forum to trash-talk competitors in his industry. I see him coming here to help those who need it. I've also noticed that he's perpetually polite, a skill that many, myself included, need to learn.

All I see from you is excuses, defensiveness, and the inclusion of other companies applied as reasoning for your actions. Would you want to host your website with a company whose staff deny every issue until the bitter end? The lack of regard you show towards customers is even worse than the alleged service quality.

I'm not a customer, by the way; I'm sharing with the community what I've personally encountered/witnessed over the past few years. Let's keep other companies out of this, though, for their name(s) shouldn't be dragged in due to irrelevance.

• @CVPS_Chris

Yes, your attitude has gotten much better then it used to be, but you have a long way to go. Mainly you look more professional because you are never around, might be nice if you posted a little more.

What you see as great differs from my opinion. You really should stop selling unreasonably high VMs like you are going to with this sale. I know there is going to be a ton of flack in a few days / weeks because of this sale.

I disagree with your idea on sizes with buyvm and CVPS. Personally I will never know as well, that is private info. However, generally they run bigger nodes with more customers on each node from what I understand and you run smaller nodes with less people on them.

Actually I haven't been involved in many of your reviews lately at all, good or bad.

@W1V_Lee

The second the admins of this forum step up to the plate and are interested in protecting the customer base of this community is the day that I can stop.

• LeeLee Veteran

alexh said: Somebody needs to stand up for those who are hurt by companies like this.

Oh please, why does anyone such as you or @Mun need to stand up for people who keep going back or can't read what has been said many times before about CVPS and others.

The very people that you claim are being hurt are those who saw the price then resource and bought without further delay. Sure there are a few genuine cases out there and they should pick themselves up and move on elsewhere having learnt a valuable lesson.

So you have it all wrong, it's not about standing up for people it's about educating them on how to choose. Good luck with that!

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @W1V_Lee

You are right in that people should take more care in who they choose to host with, and many other choices as well. However, I can either wait for a large mass of people to learn how to properly take steps in choosing a provider, or I can try and change the provider. In this case I am trying to change the provider into a better host (I hope).

Mun

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Wow, if I search for https://google.com/search?q=chicagovps, I'm getting a bad review at the first place!

• @cassa said:
    Wow, if I search for https://google.com/search?q=chicagovps, I'm getting a bad review at the first place!

Wat, the first one also includes RN! How is that possible :OOOOO

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited November 2014

CVPS_Chris said: As stated in multiple threads, we DO NOT own 123Systems. So I please ask that you edit your comment so its truthful.

Are you serious? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31865/chicagovps-acquires-123systems/p1

I get it, it's technically owned by NWNX (New Wave NetConnect), but NWNX also owns ChicagoVPS. NWNX is owned by a certain "N. Fabozzi" (which I assume is you father or a relative of yours), though, and incidentally the NWNX ToS reads ChicagoVPS everywhere.

I simply don't understand why you say things like these.

EDIT: The domain is even in your name!

• ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited November 2014

@mpkossen said:
    EDIT: The domain is even in your name!

I believe 123Systems is (yet again) now owned by someone else. I guess Chris finally realized that he wasn't helping ChicagoVPS or 123Systems reputation by taking it over, so he sold it to Velocity Servers Network Exchange (VSNX) which is the parent company of ColoCrossing.