Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Plus One - No more invitations needed!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One Plus One - No more invitations needed!

Apparently they are opening up another round of pre-orders but you don't need an invite for this one:

Dear friends,

We’re bringing back Pre-orders, and we’ve made a lot of improvements behind the scenes. This time, we’ve requested NASA to help us launch Mission Pre-orders Round 2 with optimized load balancing.

Starting now, you can begin filling your shopping cart to prepare for the big event. Pre-orders kick off on November 17 at 16:00 GMT (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST) for one hour only. Your One will be just a click away.

So people without invitations this might be your opportunity to get one.

Thanked by 1maxduke

Comments

• ...for one hour only.

Sounds like what they did a couple weeks ago.

• Got an OPO a while ago, I love CM11S and it's massive battery. Storage (64GB) is just fine ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I <3 my OPO :)

Thanked by 1Droid
  • My Nexus 5 is not due for upgrade till next year, I am still in the wait-and-see mode but from what I know my friends who got OnePlus are pretty impressed. In fact one of them sold his Nexus 5 a week after he got the OnePlus.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2014

petris said: Sounds like what they did a couple weeks ago.

Guess that's how they make sure they keep up with the demand so that unlike those Apple fans, customers don't have to wait for months to get a device.

• @zhuanyi said:
    My Nexus 5 is not due for upgrade till next year, I am still in the wait-and-see mode but from what I know my friends who got OnePlus are pretty impressed. In fact one of them sold his Nexus 5 a week after he got the OnePlus.

I traded my 1 year old nexus 5 + $70 for a like new OPO 64gb and I'm very, very impressed!!! It does have a few bugs like yellow band, low volume etc but most of them can be easily fixed! I have no regret at all :)

• @vpsmt said:
    I traded my 1 year old nexus 5 + $70 for a like new OPO 64gb

That's a good deal! If I am offered that I would have traded my N5 right away!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • They ship from china? I mean what happens if you are in EU and it passes customs? you pay another 150-300? :P

Also if you are living in a country not in their shipping list, there is no way to order straight from them correct?

• @zhuanyi said:

not sure where you are from but definitely check out kijiji or craigslist. I figured I can probably sell my nexus5 for $300, so I guess $300+$70 is a pretty good deal for a 64gb OPO :)

• Nihim said: They ship from china?

I believe they ship from US.

And yes, in essence you pay the custom anyways, either it is embedded in the phone price or it is charged to you at the time of crossing the border. Rarely any phones are made locally in EU these days.

Nihim said: Also if you are living in a country not in their shipping list, there is no way to order straight from them correct?

I believe so.

• NihimNihim Member
    edited November 2014

They could have a warehouse in EU and pass them through customs (ofc that is reflected on the price) like some sites do.

Thank you for the information, I will have to check if it's embedded in the price, though that is highly unlikely since it's so cheap already :P

EDIT: unless I missread their forums the price includes the fees. They have a warehouse in europe but even if they ship it from outside EU, they pay the fee and mark it as so.

Do correct me if I am wrong.

• Nihim said: EDIT: unless I missread their forums the price includes the fees. They have a warehouse in europe but even if they ship it from outside EU, they pay the fee and mark it as so.

I meant they will include the import charge in the prices, as part of the cost of getting the phone to Europe/US/anywhere outside of China where those phones are produced.

• @Nihim said:

Also if you are living in a country not in their shipping list, there is no way to order straight from them correct?

You could use shipping forwarding services