Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any decent gogetssl alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any decent gogetssl alternatives?

rds100rds100 Member
edited November 2014 in General

I intend to stop doing business with gogetssl due to their shady marketing practices. What decent alternatives are out there, even if a little more expensive?

Comments

• For resale or direct purchasing?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

For purchasing for our own use. We don't sell/offer SSLs and don't intend to start doing it.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited November 2014

ssls.com. It is owned by namecheap

edit: Also this one: https://cheapsslsecurity.com/

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @rds100 said:
    For purchasing for our own use.

I personally use NameCheap.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Vouch for CheapSSL, been quite good for me.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100
    What about gogetssl? I really liked their pricing. What's wrong with them?

• AlexBarakov said: @rds100 What about gogetssl? I really liked their pricing. What's wrong with them?

I liked their pricing and liked doing business with them too. However today i received this email:

*** NOTE: This email was automatically generated from a non-response mailbox. *** Dear GOGETSSL Customer: This is a very urgent notice to inform you that your Comodo PositiveSSL certificate for *** expired!!! It is important that you renew immediately! ....

Well, screw them. The certificate has not expired, there are two more months before it expires. They are just trying to trick people into buying a new certificate, to milk more money. So i will not purchase anything from them in the future, no matter how good the prices are.

• It's a Bug and one they don't seem to be very keen on fixing in a hurry, but if you look at the email subject line that's usually correct.

I've reported it to them in the past and they'd acknowledged it but seems it still happens.
    Personally as long as it doesn't go to the customer as well It's not that major a problem.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited November 2014

Edit by Nekki: link removed

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2014

@CentrioHost said:
    shitty tracking url

Don't use those links.

• @rds100 said:
    The certificate has not expired, there are two more months before it expires. They are just trying to trick people into buying a new certificate, to milk more money. So i will not purchase anything from them in the future, no matter how good the prices are.

Your conclusion is that the only possible reason that exists in the scope of the universe for receiving that email is that they are trying to "screw" you?

Maybe dial it back notch and ask them about it before you jump off a cliff in a fit of murderous rage?

Thanked by 2socials jar
  • sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2014

Abdussamad said: ssls.com. It is owned by namecheap

NickPerk said: Vouch for CheapSSL, been quite good for me.

cheapssls.com is now ssls.com and owned by Namecheap as Abdussamad said.

Renewed a cert with them this morning -- quick, easy, excellent service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Reader beware, this is a scam link.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Quite possible the rudest, unprofessional host I have ever seen. Take the warning from all of us and avoid at all costs.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited November 2014

@wych said:
    I personally use NameCheap.

ssls.com is a namecheap divison when you get to a paypal payment page it show namecheap

@CentrioHost said:

you should think twice why you are a scammer

• @coolice said:

Useful to know, may check them out come next renewal.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited November 2014

@rds100 said:
    The certificate has not expired

There is a bug in @gogetssl automated emailing system because it sends out similar emails to me where the body of the message says expired but the subject line mentions the number of days remaining on the certificate. If you log in gogetssl you will see that the product is still valid and if you check the crt against the revocation list, the cert won't be in it.

I frankly like gogetssl guys & this seems to be a misunderstanding , nothing more. They seem like a pretty honest business to me + they are definitely not cheats or frauds like @centriohost.

edit:oh well @dragon2611 explained the whole thing :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @raza19 Who fraud with you jack :X You purchase 2$ ssl here and globalsign restrict the promotion thats global sign issue, not us. Still we get AlphaSSL and 30$/year and not a single other ssl provider will get same price from Globalsign (Go find some other provider who get 30$ ssl from them). We have huge customer range and if you look up our business we even found before gogetssl. And fraud, thats never gone with us. Funny!

People who are looking for SSL visit: http://bit.ly/1tzrEyR

• @matthewvz said:
    Quite possible the rudest, unprofessional host I have ever seen. Take the warning from all of us and avoid at all costs.

You avoid, others are already listening. Order comes, how you do stop?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh good, he's back. The drama around here has been lacking admittedly...

Thanked by 1user123
  • Personally, been with goget for as long as I can remember -- I love it here.

• @CentrioHost said:

I wish I could descend down to your level and use some bengali swear words like the english equivalents you have always chosen for your 'clients'... sadly i dont know bengali but I do know you Mr Bhappi, everyone does by now.. take your business elsewhere, its not worth a single taka here...

Thanked by 2jar vimalware
  • @raza19 Taka is not a currency we deal with. A******.

• @CentrioHost said:
    raza19 Who fraud with you jack :X You purchase 2$ ssl here and globalsign restrict the promotion thats global sign issue, not us. Still we get AlphaSSL and 30$/year and not a single other ssl provider will get same price from Globalsign (Go find some other provider who get 30$ ssl from them). We have huge customer range and if you look up our business we even found before gogetssl. And fraud, thats never gone with us. Funny!

People who are looking for SSL visit: http://bit.ly/1tzrEyR

your English is horrendous

• This board needs its own TV show, with recurring cameos from our favourite hysterically funny villains.

• Closed at OP's request, and because this thread's going nowhere good.

Thanked by 2vimalware rds100
This discussion has been closed.