Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best connected ISPs around the world - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best connected ISPs around the world

2»

Comments

• @netrix said:
    Telkomsel - Indonesia

The best ISP for mobile internet.

best joke ever, $20 for 20GB with 3G max speed 8Mbps ?
    Best ISP for mobile internet ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    He.net has a very open peering policy, however their backbone sux. I have seen too many problems from Europe to USA via he.net.

And inside Europe sucks too. They don't peer with anyone in Spain and plenty of traffic is backhauled to London.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

Comcast is definitely not horrible though either. I wouldn't go as far as to call them good but Verizon's network is far worse, as is AT&Ts.
    HE provides an impressive vslue.

• Nyr said: And inside Europe sucks too. They don't peer with anyone in Spain and plenty of traffic is backhauled to London.

Maybe there are no decent Internet Exchanges there then? Because elsewhere they are in almost all possible internet exchanges and peer with anyone who wants to peer with them.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Nyr, @rd100

http://he.net/ip_transit.html

Telvent Barcelona Acer 30-32, Barcelona, Spain

Interxion Madrid Calle Albasanz 71, Madrid, Spain

http://he.net/peering.html

ESPANIX Lower, Spain 10GigE

ESPANIX Upper, Spain 10GigE

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2014

@rds100 @gbshouse

They are present, but all routes from Madrid to Paris inside their network were backhauling to London for months. Same for Amsterdam if I remember correctly, looks like this is not the case anymore.

• UPC probably has the best speeds in Germany, they are also very cheap and have good customer support. Really sad, that I'm stuck with NetCologne.

• I've had both Comcast and verizon fios, I would defiantly choose verizon. A little pricey but I always get my advertised speed + sum and the only major outage I've had is when a tree fell outside my house and knocked down some of the lines. Only had about 5 interruptions that lasted less than an hour in the time I've had them.. And that's been years, can't remember when I first got them.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited November 2014
    1. China Telecom
    2. China Unicom
    3. China Mobile

which are in China.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:
    "Best connected ISPs", not happening in Australia..

That's not really fair to say; Internode/Agile runs a global network that has capacity around the globe in both directions. Being connected at so many major POPs would allow it to be considered as very well connected:

http://www.internode.on.net/pdf/network/internode-global-network.pdf

Thanked by 1deployvm
  • In Bangladesh,

1. Ispros
    2. Smile

I think ispros is better. But i have to use other.... :( ....

• @iSky said:

well, comparison with other cellular operator in Indonesia, Telkomsel is the best I think. Indosat have 42Mbps QoS, but in real usage I only got 2-4Mbps.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think 2-4 Mbps is the most seen speed around the world on 3g+. Should not need more than that unless mobile is your only connection and you need tethering, but that is not a good idea if you need good and stable ping and, ultimately, connection.
    In a few years, terrestrial lines will be more or less redundant, needed only by a small number of people, but we are not there yet.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited November 2014

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Germany - For residential connections UPC (called Unitymedia here) are one of the fastest ISPs avaiable. Generally cable ISPs are much faster than DSL providers although some (e.g. Kabel Deutschland) throttle internet connections after too much traffic.

Speedtest of UPC/Unitymedia in Germany

But UPC has one of the worsest peering policies and overloaded uplinks to Level 3 and NTT. Stay away from LGI/UPC.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2014

@msg7086 said:
    1. China Telecom
    1. China Unicom
    1. China Mobile

which are in China.

CU 3G is by far best. Speeds vary depending on location, but at least most websites open. Good coverage around China. Works pretty well up to 250 km/h. Competitive and flexible plans. Stay away from CM if you can.

• @aglodek said:
    CU 3G is by far best.

There is landline internet service as well. Telecom and Mobile are not that bad on this service.

• 0xdragon said: "Best connected ISPs", not happening in Australia..

Verizon Business / uunet aspac (AS703) is the most well connected ISP in the land down under.

As for my place,

Singtel is, but the local loops / links are so, so bad. If you survive those and reach their international fibers, it's pretty good.

On the transit side, pretty much everyone is in Sg -- so hard to decide.

• Maounique said: I think 2-4 Mbps is the most seen speed around the world on 3g

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3900640109

• @Maounique said:
    I think 2-4 Mbps is the most seen speed around the world on 3g+.

Where I live it's not unusual to see ~20 Mbit/s on HSPA+.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited November 2014

Nothing good here in Hong Kong. REALLY.
    If you got to arrange the order, I will go for:

HKBN(FTTH) > HKBN > PCCW (aka Netvigator) > HGC > iCable (don't use it unless you want troubles with contract issue)

• Maounique said: I think 2-4 Mbps is the most seen speed around the world on 3g+

depends on the site capacity. here on average i get about 20Mbps. but down the road your lucky to get 3Mbps

• Tata and he.net is great!