Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free control panel (alternative to SolusVM)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free control panel (alternative to SolusVM)

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited July 2012 in General

Does anybody know of a free control panel that supports OpenVZ and is like SolusVM in the way that you can have a 'master' and a 'slave'?

The master being a VPS hosting the control panel, and the slave being the server hosting the VPS's

Thanks

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

hypervm

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@FTN_Kevin said: hypervm

Any others? I hate the interface of that one :P

@liam said: Interface isn't everything. Look at the features than what it looks like.

True, true. I will possibly use it anyway due to that it does everything I need. Anyway, are there any others or is that the only one?

It's not for "production" as such, so that's why I'm not paying for one.

• laaevlaaev Member

If its not production maybe consider handling everything over command line to save some resources?

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If it's not for production why bother with the master/slave relationship? Unless you're using multiple servers I'd just do proxmox.

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@FTN_Kevin said: If its not production maybe consider handling everything over command line to save some resources?

Was going to install the control panel on a VPS, and do it that way but thinking again, it's probably not worth it because, as you say it's not "production".

@jarland said: If it's not for production why bother with the master/slave relationship? Unless you're using multiple servers I'd just do proxmox.

I've heard of proxmox, but never actually looked into it. I was going to originally use OpenVZ. What's the advantages of proxmox over OpenVZ?

• laaevlaaev Member

You can run KVM and OVZ in one physical host under Proxmox.

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@FTN_Kevin said: You can run KVM and OVZ in one physical host under Proxmox.

Ah, nice. Any other advantages?.. Looks like it has a control panel itself..is that right?

Also, whats it like to install?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

HyperVM has more features though (in comparison to prox), if you do not like the interface - why not just use their API to build your own simple panel? :P

@rsk said: HyperVM has more features though (in comparison to prox), if you do not like the interface - why not just use their API to build your own simple panel? :P

I'd probably be really bad at doing that, but I could give it a go if it's not too hard (will take a look). Not sure which to go for now. I've heard people mentioning proxmox but I've never used it myself.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Well, since I last used proxmox it didnt have an IP management feature (IP pool) - althought this could be manually done, I find this feature pretty useful :P

@rsk said: Well, since I last used proxmox it didnt have an IP management feature (IP pool) - althought this could be manually done, I find this feature pretty useful :P

Ah, I see. Hmm..not sure which route to go down now :P The HyperVM API could be quite complicated.

I see it has loads of instructions such as adding a VM here: http://wiki.lxcenter.org/JSON+Add+a+VM+to+HyperVM

I wouldn't know where to put that code though :P

Any others that I can use? Thinking of going with ovz web panel.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This one is free and quite attractive:

@jarland said: This one is free and quite attractive:

Thanks for that valuable input that you have added ;-)

Thanked by 1jar