Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instant support Chat on Website - Recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Instant support Chat on Website - Recommendations

Hi all,
Need views on integrating an instant chat support on 2 of my client's sites. I ask this because a lot of Service providers here use this feature on their VPS Hosting sites.

Also please suggest if I will need a 24/7 Support Executive in the back office for this ? Can the chat's be forwarded to a smartphone? so that the Owners/Staff can attend an incoming chat request from wherever they are ?
Would like to get cheapest alternative, though I'd need a stable service!

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Theres nothing below 30~39$ ( although the phone thing hasn't been implemented )

However if WHMCS is used they have 1 for 6.39 or something . I wonder if it support android / iOS based chat requests

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

https://www.zopim.com is pretty good - they support chatting with visitors through skype too (this is nice if you have a smartphone with skype.)

• phpfreechat

• We've been using LiveChatInc but will be switching to Zopim soon. So I'll second @Mark_R's suggestion here.

• I have been facing issues with zopim lately

always getting
    "This seems to be taking longer than usual. Click here to retry."

• @ftpit: That's odd... Problem with LiveChatInc is that it's a bit overpriced and lacks some features. For example, when you chat with someone, their IP Address becomes invisible to you from that instant until they use a different IP. Doesn't help much with tracking IMO, and it always bothered me.

Finding a good live chat solution is a cluster...

• @n1kko: Thanks, this is definitely something to consider. Does it support visitor tracking and visitor GeoLocation etc...?

• Zopim has been great. We've been using it for a couple years now.

• I really like JivoSite

• raxv2 said: raxv2

We've been using Kayako for over 5 years now, thanks though.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    n1kko: Thanks, this is definitely something to consider. Does it support visitor tracking and visitor GeoLocation etc...?

It's just a live chat no tracking etc

• Comm100 is amazing, but it does come at a cost... If you have money to chuck around I'd definitely recommend them.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Using JivoSite Right Now

• SNetworks1 said: Comm100 is amazing, but it does come at a cost... If you have money to chuck around I'd definitely recommend them.

Not that much more expensive than LiveChatInc. I will probably give them a shot

• edited November 2014

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    n1kko: Thanks, this is definitely something to consider. Does it support visitor tracking and visitor GeoLocation etc...?

Consider reading the comments seems to have vulnerabilities.

P.S. Comments on CodeCanyon.

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: Consider reading the comments seems to have vulnerabilities.

I'm pretty sure it does. Furthermore, it lacks basic features that are important to me. Comm100 may be the solution I'll go with. I'll have to talk to them.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Free Zopim and livehelp.stardevelop.com is really good and maybe also cheap.

Price of Stardevelop is $140 or $150 one time (I don't like livechat of WHMCS, They encrypt everything.. maybe they will also encrypt .txt files)

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

We've used LiveChatInc for over 2 years and it's a really nice and well balanced piece of software. It is on the expensive side, but if you can afford it, it is fully worth it.

The next best option would be PureChat, pretty affordable, does the job and has mobile applications as well.

We recently switched to an open source script called LiveHelperChat (https://livehelperchat.com/), simply due to the fact that we needed more flexibility with our livechat software and wanted to integrate it with our internal systems.

It's feature packed, almost everything you would find on a paid alternative. The UI is clumsy and confusing and takes a little time to get used to, but all in all, it does the job. We altered the design to have it match the look of our website, we have it integrated with WHMCS, it's integrated with our helpdesk

I'd recommend it.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Not that much more expensive than LiveChatInc. I will probably give them a shot

I have been using it on and off since it was launched, meaning I got it free for the 2 users left, and I have always found it really nice to use. I believe its been further improved since I last tried it ;)

• Great information everyone! I'm going to try Zopim, followed by some more recommendations!

Thanks Everyone for the insight and pointers...! LET Rocks!

• FREE and you can customize it: https://livehelperchat.com/