Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need cheap storage VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need cheap storage VPS

2»

Comments

• I guess this place is called LowEndTalk for a reason. As for pricing, $15/year gets me good enough storage and specs and efficient support from ftpit. If I was looking for expensive and/or better counterparts, I would have straightaway gone with backupsy rather than asking here.

As for the comment by @VPSRAIDSolutions regarding "rodents" then I defer to say that low pricing is NOT always for spammers and other unwanted people. If $15/year gets you going then there's no point in spending $70/month, in my opinion. I prefer to buy what I actually need just horde on unnecessary resources. Rsnapshot will do equally good on a 256MB box but I decided for 512MB to be on a safer side. So, 2GB is totally out of question for me for a backup server.

It's not bad to advertise your services for other potential customers but here your offerings were a bit irrelevant.
    So, here I have to agree with @mikeyur

@mikeyur said:
    VPSRAIDSolutions The actual words the OP used were "cheap and efficient" - which really just means cheap and 'the server stays online most of the time'.

I'm not going to debate the quality of your product or how higher pricing attracts better customers, because that wasn't my point.

You jump into threads and completely ignore the request that was made. If someone's looking for $15/yr and the best you can do is $7/mo... DON'T POST ANYTHING. Move along.

This person obviously isn't an ideal customer for you, so don't waste your breath. But I've seen you do this countless times in other threads and it's really annoying.

Thanked by 1VPSRAIDSolutions
  • @gurugrv said:
    I guess this place is called LowEndTalk for a reason. As for pricing, $15/year gets me good enough storage and specs and efficient support from ftpit. If I was looking for expensive and/or better counterparts, I would have straightaway gone with backupsy rather than asking here.

As for the comment by VPSRAIDSolutions regarding "rodents" then I defer to say that low pricing is NOT always for spammers and other unwanted people. If $15/year gets you going then there's no point in spending $70/month, in my opinion. I prefer to buy what I actually need just horde on unnecessary resources. Rsnapshot will do equally good on a 256MB box but I decided for 512MB to be on a safer side. So, 2GB is totally out of question for me for a backup server.

It's not bad to advertise your services for other potential customers but here your offerings were a bit irrelevant.
    So, here I have to agree with mikeyur

I'll keep that in mind.

• Would anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

• Why can't anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

@MSPNick said:
    Would anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

• @gurugrv said:
    Why can't anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

I can PM you an order link if your interested :-)

• MSPNick said: Would anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

Would depend on the location.

• @Nekki said:
    Would depend on the location.

Dallas.

• MSPNick said: Dallas.

No.

• I already have that from ftpit. What about other specs ?

@MSPNick said:
    Would anyone be interested in 100GB disk space for $15/yr?

• whatever you do son, you must only use efficient and known providers for your backup/storage things. I dont want you end up crying losing all your backup data.

• nexmark said: can do

How much can you do it for if only the storage is increased to 1TB?

• Thank you for the advice. This is why I have multiple hosts as multiple backup servers.

@creep said:
    whatever you do son, you must only use efficient and known providers for your backup/storage things. I dont want you end up crying losing all your backup data.

• Still looking for offers...

• Nobody ?

• Nobody ?