Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dediserve.com expands to Frankfurt, Germany with 50% one week special! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dediserve.com expands to Frankfurt, Germany with 50% one week special!

Comments

• @dediserve said:
    LET special https://manage.dediserve.com/index.php?cmd=module&module=54&cid=500
    You can have the base spec for under $7, or the original deal of any spec at 50%

Is the <$7/m lifetime recurring, or will it revert to 50% (i.e $9.xx/m) ?
    2GB is enough for my foreseeable personal needs.

In the other dediserve thread, you mentioned the ability to switch DCs using snapshots.

Does that apply to <$7 offer too?

• $7 p/m is recurring for life.

Yes you can move between locations as needed (means a change of IP)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Fella, you know you can only advertise the sub $7 deal here, please remove the 50% offer.

• LeeLee Veteran

^^ I wondered how long it would take :P

• @Nekki said:
    Fella, you know you can only advertise the sub $7 deal here, please remove the 50% offer.

Cool, updated!

• @dediserve said:
    Cool, updated!

Cheers. You might want to change the title to reflect the offer.

• Nice website. Do you support windows?

• Is there a ip test for all locations? I just want to test which country has the lowest latency for Australia

• Yes we support Windows and FreeBSD
    Http://dediserve.com/templates

There are speediest servers on each green dot at http://dediserve.com/locations
    You'll probably get the best to Oz from LA until we open in Asia in the coming months.

• @dediserve - Out of interest what SAN are you running with your blades?

• We run HP BL460C Gen 8 (Gen 9 in testing in the lab) with D2220sb Storage Arrays running iSCSI and direct path for the adjacent blade / hypervisor.

• So you run DAS over the backplane?

How do you handle migration from a downed server? So if Blade 1 is compute, blade 2 is storage and blade 1 fails, how do you get HA to work? Last time I looked at those storage blades they couldn't connect to more than one blade and it had to be the adjacent one.

• Every Hypervisor has a dedicated D2220SB Array attached to it, so we have a 1:1 relationship between SAN/DAS and HV. We've never had a blade physically die to the point where VMs could not be copied to another HV

• Ok so HA isn't possible? Sorry to drag this out, we have a customer who has setup an almost exact configuration and I've been telling him repeatedly that you can't do HA with those storage units, he says OnApp tells him he can. But as you correctly state, if a blade fails or crashes, then you have to wait for that blade to come back online before you can fire up the instances again or try to copy the instance data to another storage blade and fire them up on there.

• If a blade physically crashes (not happened in 5+ years with hundreds of them) then there is no failover / migration, but then we don't pitch / sell our cloud as 'failover / HA'
    In each location we have at least one blade on standby, so worse case its swapped in for the failure and off we go again

• Just order one, got fraud check but solved. Fast respond :)

• My question got skipped... can I have test ips for all locations? I want to test latency

• @Ruriko said:
    My question got skipped... can I have test ips for all locations? I want to test latency

dude http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/784843/#Comment_784843

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • But I can't ping those download links :(

Thanked by 1mov3
  • rokok said: Just order one, got fraud check but solved. Fast respond :)

How you solve?

• @Ruriko said:
    But I can't ping those download links :(

You can ping the hosts in the urls. Just click the video stream.

We're working on a much improved looking glass system at the mo

• Wondering why your LA test IP has more latency than the rest of ColoCrossing LA.

• Should be pretty identical. Drop us a line if you're seeibg anything odd

• @dediserve I signed up using the 50% recurring, if I added IP/resource, I'm assuming it will still be 50% recurring? what is the coupon code to use for that?

Also, can I mix it up with the sub $7 order you posted? I might keep the service instead of canceling it :D

• You can, just drop sales a line and we'll generate a unique code for your use for upgrades.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited November 2014

@fitvpn said:

just send them support mail to check, some fun chit chat and then pay, viola :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Congrats, lucky boy..:)

• Drop me a note @fitvpn if you're having any issues?

• Just to add a point of clarification to the offer.

As a European Union Business, dediserve Ltd must charge VAT tax on sales to individuals with billing addresses listed in the European union, who do not provide a valid Tax registration number.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2014

@dediserve said:
    Just to add a point of clarification to the offer.

As a European Union Business, dediserve Ltd must charge VAT tax on sales to individuals with billing addresses listed in the European union, who do not provide a valid Tax registration number.

This has happened to me, it should be mentioned in the first post, though. I emailed their sales team and they explained me in full. Unfortunately, I do not have budget to go with them, but I wish I have one day. They are nice people, willing to do their best for their clients.

While I'm not their client, I do have a good impression about them, and recommend their services.

Edit: TAX Registration Number databases are outdated. I have mine fully valid although it shows as invalid, which makes it impossible to waive the fee, I assume.

Thanked by 1dediserve