Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy VPS

Hi I have been using one of my VMs a a proxy (not for any thing bad) by using the proxy settings in Firefox but now no matter what vps I use it is still showing up with my local isp IP address.

In other words it has stooped working.
Has my isp done something to stop me using my vps as proxy IP address?

If so what can I do?

Comments

• i don't know if an isp can do that! test your proxy from another location and see what you get.

Thanked by 1solarman
  • @ehab said:
    i don't know if an isp can do that! test your proxy from another location and see what you get.

Thanks I checked from a laptop as well with cellphone connection to the same isp and still the same

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If they blocked the proxy your internet would be effectively out while configured in that way. Are you passing both 80 and 443 through it?

• Thats the strange thing everything works fine when setup for proxy or not.
    Proxy set to manual on firefox and not logged in to a VPS web pages load fine on two different machines with two different connections but using the same isp.

Jar said: Are you passing both 80 and 443 through it?

Yes

• what proxy are you talking about? what distro? and have you checked if your vps set to ipv4 forwarding?

• The word "traceroute" also springs to mind....

• @sally said:
    The word "traceroute" also springs to mind....

He won't be able to traceroute through firefox.

• No shit, Sherlock...

• Well if you read above you'd see he's using FF configuration...

• @solarman I had this problem with Squid, it had X-Forwarded-For/X-Real-IP enabled - which uses the proxy but passes on your normal IP. Whatever you're using to run the proxy, try to switch that.

If you're doing something different, then I don't know what the problem is. But that came to mind when I read your post.

• you provide too little information to be figured out

• What proxy program are you using?