Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPSec on OpenVZ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPSec on OpenVZ

2»

Comments

• How about suggested to openvpn, it's more simple then it.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

PPTP <3.

Thanked by 2Hassan Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

You're right, openvpn/pptp are easier :)

Some users want IPSEC, especially those tunneling to a server.

Francisco

• Great work Fran!

• @Francisco said:
    You're right, openvpn/pptp are easier :)

Some users want IPSEC, especially those tunneling to a server.

Francisco

Openvpn is more general for every gadgets as BYOD.
    I've tried implementing openvpn config on my ipad, it's more stable then ipsec.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

IPSec + L2TP is also included on windows so no installations etc, its what many corporations use for their private VPNs etc.

• knopix80knopix80 Member
    edited July 2013

@SplitIce said:
    IPSec + L2TP is also included on windows so no installations etc, its what many corporations use for their private VPNs etc.

If it's as consideration, I agree.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Also IPSec is good for more than just VPNs.

e.g transparent encryption of network data such as centralized LDAP etc.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco
    @VPSSimon said: IPSec works on openvz; Doesn't it?

I personally haven't seen any clients raising any issues, An have quite few clients using >varations of vpn services.

Not without work on the node side.

Francisco

Yes but i think most hosts do cover the modules required don't they? Depends on what customers request what i guess.

@VPSSimon said:
    Yes but i think most hosts do cover the modules required don't they? Depends on what customers request what i guess.

Nope.

The module list is pretty annoying. It took a bit to get it correct.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco
    Nope.

The module list is pretty annoying. It took a bit to get it correct.

Francisco

Know what you mean, Had alot of issues with modules myself took ages to finally get all right. Just assumed everyone does same an battle to get em all working.

• @Francisco You should share the list with providers who have shown themselves NOT to be kiddie hosts.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@Francisco said:
    Rolled this out earlier tonight :) Please check our guide at http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/ipsec

tested with buyvm 256M ovz in debian 6 64bit, ipsec l2tp vpn works fine! really great, i hope this ipsec kernel support in ovz could be implemented in most ovz providers!

@yywudi said:
    tested with buyvm 256M ovz in debian 6 64bit, ipsec l2tp vpn works fine! really great, i hope this ipsec kernel support in ovz could be implemented in most ovz providers!

Thank you :) If you want to spread the word on hostloc be my guest ;)

@Magiobiwan said:
    Francisco You should share the list with providers who have shown themselves NOT to be kiddie hosts.

We're shared with providers in the past but they always managed to turn around and bite the very hand that fed them.

Francisco

• @Magiobiwan said:
    Francisco You should share the list with providers who have shown themselves NOT to be kiddie hosts.

That statement contradicts its point, Most hosts who are good already have installed required modules.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@Francisco said:
    Thank you :) If you want to spread the word on hostloc be my guest ;)

oh, i rarely post anything in hostloc, you're looking at hostloc? because most of your clients are chinese?

edited July 2013

@yywudi said:
    oh, i rarely post anything in hostloc, you're looking at hostloc? because most of your clients are chinese?

Nah China based clients only account for like 30% of our client base. Chinese users are usually the first to ask for IPSEC though :)

Francisco