Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel resellers and not being allowed to submit ticket directly to cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel resellers and not being allowed to submit ticket directly to cPanel

emilvemilv Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hello, I have a small problem with my current licence seller (external licence for a dedicated server). I dont know if this is something that is normal with all sellers but this particular one doesnt like if I submit tickets directly to cPanel regarding problems with my cPanel.

I submitted a ticket sometime ago directly to cPanel regarding a bug which they fixed. Shortly I receive a email from my reseller that I am not allowed to do this, I should ask them for support because they have to pay cPanel $50 for each ticket I make to cPanel, I got a warning.

Last night I submitted a ticket to cPanel after I posted a thread on cPanel's forum about a bug with the newest Easyapache build (PHP 5.4.4). A cPanel staffmember asked me to do this and told me it was perfectly fine that I submit tickets directly to them even though I buy my licence from a reseller.

I got a email again tonight where my reseller stated the former rule and threatened to fine me if I did it again.

Is this how things work with resellers or do I have a bad reseller? Do you receommend any good sellers that dont have this rule?

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member

At $50 a pop I would send a few tickets in :P

• @Taylor said: At $50 a pop I would send a few tickets in :P

This

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Honestly have never heard of this.

We dont get our licenses from cPanel directly and I have opened a few tickets and never heard anything from our seller.

Have you asked cPanel if this is true what they are saying?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@emilv said: Do you receommend any good sellers that dont have this rule?

I would recommend buying cPanel from cPanel. In my agreement with cPanel I am supposed to try to keep tickets to some ultra low percentage of licenses, but there is no mention in the partner noc agreement your clients cannot submit tickets themselves.

Buying direct means paying a year upfront, but you also get access to their priority support, and all others can only strive to be half as good.

• tommytommy Member

i've get in contact with cpanel few time and never get any notification from my upline. i purchase cpanel from 3rd.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I purchase my cPanel licenses from BuycPanel but I open tickets directly with cPanel. Support is quick and free (as of 2-3 months ago). :)

• dirkdirk Member

Why don't you ask this on the CPanel's forum? And ask your reseller for a proof of what he's saying..

• emilvemilv Member

According to cPanel, I am still eligible for Complimentary or Paid Priority Support with cPanel, Inc. This is something that is available to all customers who do not have their licensing directly with cPanel, as it is a service cPanel provides.

As far as LicensePal's policy and the extra charges/fees they have mentioned, unfortunately this is a policy that LicensePal has implemented on their end.