Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Abuse tolerant provider (VPS or Dedicated)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Abuse tolerant provider (VPS or Dedicated)

I have just concluded the purchase of a host that has a mixed bag of clients, I am going to split out the bad and transfer them away to a new host.

They are all reseller account clients, the abuse is not by the clients I have inherited, it's the clients they sell to, usual shit, they try and sell a $1 per year shared hosting account and it's the one that buys that end up trying to spam, create wierd gambling sites and so on.

So I really need something either in the US that will be tolerant of a few compaints that will come along as a result of us missing or not spotting abuse quickly enough. 6 months down the line I will sell off this branch.

My issue is I only want to move them once, so hence it's important the provider understands the requirement and expectation.

budget/hardware requirements are not really relevant at this point.

Comments

• No offense but why don't you tell your clients to drop those clients?
    It seems weird that you actually even want to keep these clients

• edited November 2014

I can take them in ( Since I answer abuse complaints as soon as I get them it shouldn't be an issue. )

P.S. Please let me know via PM if you're interested.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I can take them in ( Since I answer abuse complaints as soon as I get them it shouldn't be an issue. )

P.S. Please let me know via PM if you're interested.

Lolno, pretty sure he was one of those who called you a joke

Thanked by 2Mark_R ATHK
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I would recommend going with a provider who owns their own IP space. They are more likely to be able to make such promises and honor them than someone who has to answer to someone else.

• edited November 2014

I don't care what he calls me I'm over it.

Any other comments made in regards to me / my company , which may include but not limited to trolling , bad mouthing , flaming are ignored.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I would recommend going with a provider who owns their own IP space. They are more likely to be able to make such promises and honor them than someone who has to answer to someone else.

If thats the case / route he chooses I'd recommend @SpeedBus they have their own IP space announced in QN LA I think.

• LeeLee Veteran

@TriDoxiuM said:
    No offense but why don't you tell your clients to drop those clients?
    It seems weird that you actually even want to keep these clients

Money. I have no shame. To ring fence those less than desirable resellers that are not so great at managing their own clients, put them in a newly created host and sell that host off separate from the original. Someone will buy them.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

@W1V_Lee

Ecatel.net doesnt even have a ToS as far i am aware. Their hardware, network & support are reliable too from my own experience. Obviously its not US based but what you are looking for is most likely not going to be in the US - i'd love to see otherwise though.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Put a limit on your Reseller Package and then you will not need to move them to any other host.

Maximum account per reseller: 10, 20, 30, etc..

• We are fairly flexible with our clients, we will deal with abuse as soon as it is flagged to us and pass that on to you, but as I say, we are not amazingly fussy with our clients, as long as I dont find our there is very illegal stuff (The sort of stuff that really shouldnt be on the internet) we will pass any abuse issues directly onto the affected client to handle.

I would be more than happy to provide any information you may need, either quote / mention me or drop me a PM.

• Get with me in a pm and we can discuss it. Otherwise add me on Skype at duke.xfs and we can hash out all the details.

Thanked by 2Lee ATHK
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2014

Thanks all, will have a chat to a couple of you shortly.

Just to be clear, it's not abuse central so Ecatel is not the kind of toxic provider I need.

Basically I have a few hundred accounts that I am going to ring fence and move away from the main host. The original owner was not pro-active at all at identifying abuse and slow to react to the providers reports when they came in.

So once I get my small Chennai team to put some proper checking in place that should catch the majority before the provider sees them and those that do get through will be very few (I hope).

As I say, I am just looking for a provider for a specific subset of the client base who is not accepting of abuse, just simply tolerant of the fact a few reports may come in, those we miss will be dealt with quickly.

Buying and repacking hosting companies is really most of what I do, but this is the first I have purchased that has such a high number of accounts that need some attention, the plan they are on is actually profitable but not really worth the effort for me, hence I want to remove them and sell separately.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited November 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    Thanks all, will have a chat to a couple of you shortly.

Just to be clear, it's not abuse central so Ecatel is not the kind of toxic provider I need.

Basically I have a few hundred accounts that I am going to ring fence and move away from the main host. The original owner was not pro-active at all at identifying abuse and slow to react to the providers reports when they came in.

So once I get my small Chennai team to put some proper checking in place that should catch the majority before the provider sees them and those that do get through will very few (I hope).

As I say, I am just looking for a provider for a specific subset of the client base who is not accepting of abuse, just simply tolerant of the fact a few reports may come in, those we miss will be dealt with quickly.

Buying and repacking hosting companies is really most of what I do, but this is the first I have purchased that has such a high number of accounts that need some attention, the plan they are on is actually profitable but not really worth the effort for me, hence I want to remove them and sell separately.

You going to want cPanel/ Managed?

250GB Disk Space

8GB Dedicated Ram

8GB Burstable / 8vCores

1GB/s connection 2 IPv4

Unlimited bandwidth

£28.50

Let me know.

We'll help you out.

• So you don't want to meddle with setting up a server with cPanel etc? You want to get an Alpha Reseller from a provider?

• LeeLee Veteran

@kerouac said:
    So you don't want to meddle with setting up a server with cPanel etc? You want to get an Alpha Reseller from a provider?

No sure how you came up with that. All I need is a provider as stated which is tolerant of some abuse reports, everything else such as cPanel, management etc will be handled internally and is not an issue or needs to be considered.

• @W1V_Lee said:

Sorry everybody keeps offering you that so I assumed as such.

It might be too obvious but did you consider OVH? It fits your particular need as it's not in the anti-DMCA business like Ecatel, and it certainly leaves a lot of leeway when it comes to somewhat shadier sites. I don't know their policy about spam though, I don't know if it's zero-tolerance or not.