Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to set Domain to IPv6 VPS on Cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to set Domain to IPv6 VPS on Cloudflare

Wira_SoenaryoWira_Soenaryo Member
edited November 2014 in Help

Hello,

I have a domain let's say abc.com and I want to use it on my IPv6 only VPS. I have point the NS setting to cloudflare and have enable the IPv6 option to FULL on cloudflare.

I have successfull to point on subdomain.. for example test.abc.com but it failed if I want to use it for abc.com or www.abc.com (cname). It's said "DNS points to prohibited IP" if I try to open the URL on web browser.

Anybody can help me to set the DNS setting on Cloudflare? Or it's not possible to do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

Try http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=441 same principle should work for most IPv6 only based VM's.

• Hello.

As i know, CloudFlare is not working IPv6-only. You'll need to have IPv4 for this to work properly for all the time. This information is from CloudFlare support.

• @Profforg said:
    Hello.

As i know, CloudFlare is not working IPv6-only. You'll need to have IPv4 for this to work properly for all the time. This information is from CloudFlare support.

Strange, I had a v6 only VPS running a web based proxy via CF perfectly fine.

• I've also got an IPV6 only VPS running same as @wych.

• Hello,

Got it works... need to set as follow

A domain ip6

cname www ip6

Then it will works.. thanks guys..

Thanked by 1Profforg