Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the **** WELOVESERVERS , offline everyday.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the **** WELOVESERVERS , offline everyday.

_lei_lei Member
edited November 2014 in General

What the **** WELOVESERVERS , always offline.
now it's offline agagin .

Comments

• @_lei Might be time to pick up one of those Ramnode or Crissic boxes you were asking out the other day :P

• What location?

• weloverserver I bought it in september this year, and i want to instead of orginal. But it's going offline now again. what the fuck vps.

my plan is ramnode or crissic one of them this month later .
    now looks like i need to buy both, instead of weloverserver .

@mikeyur said:
    _lei Might be time to pick up one of those Ramnode or Crissic boxes you were asking out the other day :P

• Have you submitted a ticket?

• Los Angeles

@linuxthefish said:
    What location?

• There was a lengthy load-issue in LA since about 9pm GMT last night and an eventual reboot at 7am GMT today.

No information from support yet. I do have to say that it appears their overall uptime improved (the service doesnt go down every two weeks like it used to do), but with the network issues three weeks ago and this recent outage its uptime record is once again back to zero. Support is unfortunately still as "useful" as it was a year ago when I first tried their services.

• Of course , i submitted the ticket.

@wych said:
    Have you submitted a ticket?

• Try to move to Buffalo or UK, the speed and network is not the best but stable and no downtime so far.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited November 2014

Been there, done that. Avoid them.

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2014

I have ~ 50 active services with WLS and happy with them. My VPS in LA has no problem.

• @_lei said:
    Of course , i submitted the ticket.

And what was their response?

• what the fuck of you english

• active8active8 Member
    edited November 2014

I have a VPS on the UK location, everything works fine here, no downtime

• kousinnryou said: what the fuck of you english

Dat irony

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • alessio said: Support is unfortunately still as "useful" as it was a year ago when I first tried their services.

For the record, four responses in chronological order regarding the reason for the outage/reboot.

• Sorry for the inconvenience. There is a problem with the host node and it just restarted.
    • It was due to the kernel panic in the host-node. So we need to reboot the server.
    • Now your VPS is working fine. Please have a check it.
    • I am not sure why the the hostnode has rebooted last night. But i will continue to monitor the hostnode to avoid this again.
  • @alessio said:

• Sorry for the inconvenience. There is a problem with the host node and it just restarted.

Pretty much what I had a year ago, asked for more info, was ignored; I then left.

They did however painlessly swap out an IP that was banned by MS in Outlook/Hotmail previous to that.

• wych said: Pretty much what I had a year ago, asked for more info, was ignored; I then left.

I felt a bit ignored as well. The initial ticket contained the question as to what happened but was never answered (not even upon my subsequent replies) but the issue described changed with every response.

• same, especially when my node was offline every day. Not that I really cared as it was an idle box but the spam caused by the constant downtime was horrendous. Took a few tickets before they were willing to move me elsewhere, ended up in the UK but I have no use for the vps will leave once the term is up. The location I was in was their dreaded Florida node.

• Many complaints on WHT recently as well, seems like they don't love servers so much anymore :D

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Thank God i moved already to ramnode

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • My plan on the UK node is a solid, if unspectacular, performer. I'll have no hesitation renewing.

• @Nekki said:
    My plan on the UK node is a solid, if unspectacular, performer. I'll have no hesitation renewing.

My main concern about their service wouldnt even be the performance (as I said before I did notice an improvement, at least compared to my last try) but simply the non-existent/clueless support, in case something goes wrong (and here the level has been unfortunately consistent).

• @alessio said:
    My main concern about their service wouldnt even be the performance (as I said before I did notice an improvement, at least compared to my last try) but simply the non-existent/clueless support, in case something goes wrong (and here the level has been unfortunately consistent).

From memory, support quality used to vary based on who you got; personally my experiences were all positive fortunately.

• _lei said: weloverserver I bought it in september this year, and i want to instead of orginal. But it's going offline now again. what the fuck vps.

time to move on if you are not happy.

• Crappy service from them! But can't complain for 1gbit and 5tb traffic /month for so cheap.

• @Nekki said:
    My plan on the UK node is a solid, if unspectacular, performer. I'll have no hesitation renewing.

Ditto. I've heard plenty of complaints about their other locations, but my UK plan has been entirely problem-free. At $19 a year for 1GB I'd go as far as saying it's the best value UK deal around.

• My $19/y UK VPS is stable, no probs.

• It's certainly better now than previously. My VPS is in Buffalo.