Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with private network support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with private network support

Someone suggest me a VPS provider who can offer private network. OpenVZ or KVM is OK.

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

DigitalOcean is one that comes into mind.

• BuyVM and iwStack support private networking, I believe.

• Digitalocean, vultr, iwstack

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

+1 for Vultr

• muminoffmuminoff Member
    edited November 2014

@matthewvz said:
    DigitalOcean is one that comes into mind.

I need 128mb RAM server, DO has only 512mb minimum

• @ihatetonyy said:
    BuyVM and iwStack support private networking, I believe.

Do they charge for it? Is bandwidth limited?

• @muminoff said:
    Do they charge for it? Is bandwidth limited?

No charge, internal bandwidth isn't counted. See private network part here: http://buyvm.net/features.php

• @mikeyur said:
    No charge, internal bandwidth isn't counted. See private network part here: http://buyvm.net/features.php

Thank you

• IIRC MyCustomHosting has private networking too

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited November 2014

Snip

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited November 2014

Runabove also supports this feature. Click on your username on top-right corner, select expert mode, networks menu, then create network. When launching a new instance, don't forget to add your new private network in addition to the Ext-Net.

• @hwdsl2 said:
    Runabove also supports this feature. Click on your username on top-right corner, select expert mode, networks menu, then create network. When launching a new instance, don't forget to add your new private network in addition to the Ext-Net.

Wanted to try out Runabove, but why the hell they need my mobile number?

• @muminoff said:
    Wanted to try out Runabove, but why the hell they need my mobile number?

Verification that you're not a robot?

• @0xdragon said:
    Verification that you're not a robot?

There are too many other ways to identify an human instead of getting privacy information.

• BuyVM have a 128MB plan at $15/y and offer private networking with all their plans.

• @muminoff said:
    There are too many other ways to identify an human instead of getting privacy information.

If they have your Credit Card info then who cares?

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • @0xdragon said:
    If they have your Credit Card info then who cares?

I don't give them my credit info just for 1 month free trial. If they offer one month try, why they need my info then?

• @muminoff said:
    I don't give them my credit info just for 1 month free trial. If they offer one month try, why they need my info then?

If you think about it, the answer is quite obvious...

• @muminoff said:

To prevent fraud, though in this case RunAbove will accept a PayPal subscription instead.

• Thanks anyway. Will look at BuyVM or Vultr. Too sad that BuyVM has only US locations.

• @muminoff said:
    Thanks anyway. Will look at BuyVM or Vultr. Too sad that BuyVM has only US locations.

BuyVM are launching in the EU with a Luxembourg location in the next couple of weeks.

• I normal just setup some sort of vpn connection betwen my nodes I know its not unmeatered but i dont consider networking private if its not encrypted and I have my own subnet to my self

• DigitalOcean +

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

wojons said: I normal just setup some sort of vpn connection betwen my nodes I know its not unmeatered but i dont consider networking private if its not encrypted and I have my own subnet to my self

With iwstack it is, the virtual router creates a vlan for your usage only. You can even connect to it using the external ipsec connection only, i.e. no need to expose anything to the internet.

However, plans start from 512 MB and the virtual router is charged separately.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited November 2014

We also offer the same techniques than iwstack based on cloudstack @dedify.com in germany. The private network is completely isolated and distributed over all nodes in the cluster. Isolation will be done through Layer 2 Isolation by GRE. No traffic can reach other customers and is not billed.

Default isolated network with virtual router is included if you have an active instance. Additional networks are billed.