Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM

Comments

• @NinjaHawk said: Wonder how many actually cares. And even so, with their current population, they can beat the world with even 1 child per couple rule :D

Strictly enforced in urban area, rural area is another story :)

• @liam said: If you don't comply you can be force circumcised in some cases and your baby terminated at birth. Normally if the baby is a girl they terminate or put it up for adoption amongst the poor chinese.

Correct, unfortunately

• @lbft said: Pointing out an instance of culture clash doesn't seem racist to me.

Errr....I have met Americans who are arrogant (pointing out culture clash), that does not make me think "typically" Americans are arrogant, if I think that way, it would make me a racist :)

• @LAKid said: Difference is Only chinese speaks Chinese, rest speaks English, go figure..

Did I just mention I have met some Americans who are arrogant in my previous reply? LOL, here is an example.

I am sure you have not been to Europe or Africa or Asia :)

But no worries, again, this does NOT make me think typically Americans are arrogant. :)

• @antiven said: Very misleading.

Care to explain how I misled people?

• @NinjaHawk said: Ever heard of birthcontrol? Thats what China and India Been missing for a pretty longtime. Thats what makes the population huge.

Part that and part of the Chinese culture where a family has to have a son to continue the family line, which to me is silly :(

• @BlueVM said: I apologize, I didn't mean anything dis-disdainful to the Chinese people. I was simply stating that to SOME people bad English (typically found among Chinese users in this industry) can be seen as spammy. I personally have nothing against those from China... if I really was racist towards them I wouldn't sell to them.

Apologies accepted, and sorry for derailing the topic as well. Thanks for your clarification on the matter, I might have overreated as well, sorry about that

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2012

Facts: Many of DDOS attacks/spams are originating from Chinese IP.
    Speculations: Chinese are DDOSers/spammers who are willing to do anything for cash.

China has poor labor standards and manipulates their currency. As a result, Chinese do much of the dirty work for the rest of the world. If you think that's about race, that's your own problem to deal with ;)

So....if next time you are forced to shoot someone because you have a gun pointed to your head, that makes you the murderer as well? :p

Since when does appeal to emotion change the outcome of cold logic? The court might find me not guilty, but yes I'd be the murderer. Die or kill, if you choose kill, you can't say you didn't kill.

• that's a ton of post after a post after a post. dude @zhuanyi please use the edit :P

• @jarland said: China has poor labor standards and manipulates their currency. If you think that's about race, that's your own problem to deal with ;)

Poor labor standard, agreed, in some places, because there are too many people.

Manipulates currency: Mmm...I guess Feds will claim their QE and QE2 are not currency manipulation? :)

Not knowing a country a lot is one thing, but by just watching CNN and thinking all Chinese are assholes is completely something else :)

• @HalfEatenPie said: that's a ton of post after a post after a post. dude @zhuanyi please use the edit :P

I always quoted the specific post I am replying to in this thread?

edited July 2012

Not knowing a country a lot is one thing, but by just watching CNN and thinking all Chinese are assholes is completely something else :)

I know China as well as an outsider can. Can't fault me for having something to say about it without changing the direction of my life for it alone, or else none of us would be allowed opinions or statements on many things very relevant to the world around us.

• @jarland said: I know China as well as an outsider can. Can't fault me for not having something to say about it without changing the direction of my life for it alone, or else none of us would be allowed opinions or statements on many things very relevant to the world around us.

Sure, you are allowed to have your opinions (and I respect that), and just like you, I am allowed to have mine and I am sure we can talk about it when our opinions defer? No?

Honestly, I am not here to open a communist propaganda shop, just hope to explain some myth about China.

Thanked by 1jar
  • tuxtux Member

Session Timeout

For security reasons your working session has expired after 2 hours of inactivity.
    Fatal Application Exception

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited July 2012

^

Out of pure curiosity, why choose CO as your jurisdiction, being from HI

• @HC_Ro said: Out of pure curiosity, why choose CO as your jurisdiction, being from HI

Because colorado is a kick-ass state.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@HC_Ro - I'm from Colorado originally, I'm stationed in the Navy in Hawaii.

• @zhuanyi said: Care to explain how I misled people?

As I explained above, number of native speakers of a language is a very poor measure of a language's influence, or geographical usage.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited July 2012

All negatives about China is all I see in this thread. Fact is, China pwning western countries atm... They are not the ones in debt crises... US and EU is...

BTW, I am not Chinese but I can speak Cantonese :)

All negatives about China is all I see in this thread

Human rights.

Rebuttal? Didn't think so.

• n0myn0my Member

Where is the human rights when US drones kill people without trial. Nobody talks about that. :/

edited July 2012

@n0my Yes they do. A ton of people talk about that. One must be perfect before pointing out flaws in another? Yeah, that's a great philosophy for bettering our world. For the record, I didn't vote for drones, so does that give me the license to talk about china?

• n0myn0my Member

I think people should try to fix their own flaws before they try to find flaws in the others.

edited July 2012

@n0my So I should perfect all legislative actions in the U.S., not even being a politician, before I can open my mouth about women and children being raped and sold to slavery in other countries(we're not even talking china now, but basic morality)? Got it. I'll remember that next time.

• @n0my said: I think people should try to fix their own flaws before they try to find flaws in the others.

Nope. Why should that be? You can also go ahead and criticize my country. But keep in mind that China is 10 times worse.

Thanked by 2jar HalfEatenPie
    edited July 2012

Fact is, China pwning western countries atm... They are not the ones in debt crises... US and EU is...

I think people should try to fix their own flaws before they try to find flaws in the others.

"Do as I say, not as I do"

• n0myn0my Member

@jarland you can see that you didn't supported actions by your government yet still it happens. So I think most Chinese people didn't support the 1 child policy too but it still happens ;)

edited July 2012

@n0my You're right. I didn't support my government's wrong actions, they didn't support theirs (over 70% agree with the policy but lets not get hung up on questionable statistics), so you can talk about my government and I can't talk about anyone else's because one has to live in a fairy land filled with daisies and sunshine prior to gaining the right to speak out against injustices outside of their nation, unless they're not from America.

Sorry, I didn't see it before, but your logic is flawless. I feel dumber for having actually compiled your logic and repeating it.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited July 2012

@jarland said: so you can talk about my government and I can't talk about anyone else's because one has to live in a fairy land filled with daisies and sunshine prior to gaining the right to speak out against injustices outside of their nation

You can criticise all you want but I don't find it constructive. I think you will offend people more that way than to help them fix it. Unless you talk to the Chinese Regime directly that's a different story (Doubt they would listen though). I am not questioning your freedom of speech buddy. :)

You can criticise all you want but I don't find it constructive. I think you will offend people more that way that to help them fix it. Unless you talk to the American Regime directly that's a different story (Doubt they would listen though). I am not questioning your freedom of speech buddy. :)