Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN to VPSes on node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN to VPSes on node

Hi,

I have a VDS with vpses on it. It has 5IPs, but I want to run some more VPSes on it.

It's running OpenVZ with the OpenVZ Web Panel.

Is it possible to give vpses a ip in a range like 10.0.0.0/8 and make them accessable through a VPN?

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Idk, but if you free one IPv4, you can forward ports. :p

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Idk, but if you free one IPv4, you can forward ports. :p

Nah, that's not what I want :(

• @cassa said:
    Hi,

Hint

vzlist -a| awk {'print $4'}
    IP_ADDR

SPOILER:

Its possible

• It should work if you have openvpn already installed and providing internet access through NAT to those IP's.

• @Jack said:
    More infoz.

Hey my reply answers the question!

Ah wel;

Yes it' s possible.

With default OpenVPN configuration, all you gotta do is assign a 10.8.0.* address > connect to your VPN on the hostnode > access the containers via your internal IP's.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @linuxthefish said:
    It should work if you have openvpn already installed and providing internet access through NAT to those IP's.

Why would he need NAT at all??
    He can assign each VPS its own unique 10.x IP address, then access that range when he is connected to VPN.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    He can assign each VPS its own unique 10.x IP address, then access that range when he is connected to VPN.

These VPS's would need to be able to access the internet through the node's main IP, unless he does not plan on using a package manager?