Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANY VPS KVM/XEN LOCATED FROM DC COLOCROSSING
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ANY VPS KVM/XEN LOCATED FROM DC COLOCROSSING

Hello

Hey Guy, Lets me know if you have hosting vps under located dc from colocrosing :)

Please feedback my thread

Comments

• BlueVM springs to mind.

• @linuxthefish said:
    BlueVM springs to mind.

kvm out of stock there :(

• LeeLee Veteran

Not often you see someone wanting a CC location :P

• Is CC really bad ? I bought 2x 1u nodes with dual x5650 96GB ram 4x2TB HDD MEGA LSI RAID CARD + cachevault was planning to send 1 to NY and 1 to their Chicago location. Their reputation seems worse.

• MrXMrX Member

W1V_Lee said: Not often you see someone wanting a CC location :P

Low-latency DDOS of LET/LEB!

• ausaus Member

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Is CC really bad ? I bought 2x 1u nodes with dual x5650 96GB ram 4x2TB HDD MEGA LSI RAID CARD + cachevault was planning to send 1 to NY and 1 to their Chicago location. Their reputation seems worse.

Where did you find the offer?

• aus said: Where did you find the offer?

He is looking to colocate, not rent dedicated servers.

• That's very unique public request I must say :P

• We have our OnApp Cloud Hardware collocated with ColoCrossing and we couldn't be happier. Uptime is great and we seldom need support. Same with our budget VPS product.

You can also read our review on ColoCrossing here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35129/colocrossing-1-year-review - it has pretty much all the details we can share.

If you're worried about the IPs and Spamhaus, just drop a ticket with them asking them to handpick IPs outside of the SH subnets, their support will probably have it taken care of in under 5~ minutes.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

VPSRAIDSolutions said: I bought 2x 1u nodes with dual x5650 96GB ram 4x2TB HDD MEGA LSI RAID CARD + cachevault was planning to send 1 to NY and 1 to their Chicago location.

Hope you give us the chance to work with you! :)

• We have quite a few servers on CC's network and its simply amazing. Not sure what may have happened in the past or what was said but we have had nothing but 100% network uptime according to our pingdom report for the past 8 months since we started monitoring. We occasionally use their support as well, and its as good as it gets. Response times are pretty much near instant, you really cant beat it.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    hudson is a CC reseller will advice not to try them KeyJey

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Is CC really bad ? I bought 2x 1u nodes with dual x5650 96GB ram 4x2TB HDD MEGA LSI RAID CARD + cachevault was planning to send 1 to NY and 1 to their Chicago location. Their reputation seems worse.

Better to avoid that as you didn't like that so other will might say some thing same what you did for HVH.

• You can have KVM Plan from HudsonValleyHost but as far as i know they only offers 100Mbit port on KVM.

CC's network & uptime etc are great, using Co-location directly from them as well as have a tens of servers through HVH & all're working good.

Just a downside is they don't have IPv6.

• so anyone from CC here on LET ? @jbiloh ( your logo looks familiar to them ) can you get to me on skype.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    so anyone from CC here on LET ? jbiloh ( your logo looks familiar to them ) can you get to me on skype.

You're kidding, right? This entire forum is owned and operated by CC.

• -_- I know the forum is hosted by CC ( but is there anyone to represent them at the moment ) ?

Yes I work for ColoCrossing. add me on Skype my user is jbiloh

• CC isn't bad at all.

What's bad is VPS providers trying to do it on a shoestring budget, with minimal technical knowledge and crappy support skills.

It seems CC tends to attract them because of price. I don't fault CC for that.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • sleddog said: What's bad is VPS providers trying to do it on a shoestring budget, with minimal technical knowledge and crappy support skills.

I sense that too.

In relation with what other people's judgment/review relating to CC business model, that is none of my business as it is their rights to manage their business the way they want it to be.

This customer shouldn't colocate based on his experience and expectations. He would be much better off renting dedicated services.

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    This customer shouldn't colocate based on his experience and expectations. He would be much better off renting dedicated services.

Brilliant, you just called a perspective customer an Idiot.

I wonder why people put up with your crap.

Mun said: Brilliant, you just called a perspective customer an Idiot.

I wonder why people put up with your crap.

That's not at all what was said.

Colocation can prove very costly for those who are new to the market. Generally speaking you don't see the benefits of colo until you have quite a bit of volume.

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    Colocation can prove very costly for those who are new to the market. Generally speaking you don't see the benefits of colo until you have quite a bit of volume.

There is other reasons to colo though, even if it is more pricey.

Rewording your statement to:

It would be more advantageous for this customer to use dedicated services.

Yours on the other hand makes statements about experience and expectations, which is just a nice professional way of calling someone an idiot, though it is still calling someone an idiot.

We can agree to disagree. I think your bias has you seeing things that don't exist. :)

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    We can agree to disagree. I think your bias has you seeing things that don't exist. :)

I think your status/ego has corrupted you.