Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH VPS verification
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH VPS verification

nitro85nitro85 Member
edited October 2014 in General

I've seen a couple of discussions about OVH ID verification
I just wanted to buy the 2€ VPS classic 1

Do I need this kind of verification for the 2€ VPS, there's anyboy here with experience about this?

Is there a way I can avoid it?
I don't know if this has anything related about being in the EU or not, because I am

I'll never send any importante personal documents to an international company that don't trust

Comments

• @nitro85 said:

Do I need this kind of verification for the 2€ VPS, there's anyboy here with experience about this?

I don't know if this has anything related about being in the EU or not, because I am

I'll never send any importante personal documents to an international company that don't trust

ID card and gas invoice

• @nitro85 said:

OVH offers service for unbelievable prices. That carries a great risk with increasing number of cyber attacks which may include almost anything. They require you to verify just incase you involve in such activities to legally bind you.

Trust me if you haven't done /wouldn't do anything wrong its no issue submitting documents to them.

• I've seen some user that say they hadn't been asked for any verification http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24189/cheap-low-ram-vps-in-france

Is there any factor?

• georgegeorge Member
    edited October 2014

Simply just fill out the registration form and you should be good to go. Only downside in my case was the limiation to a basic bank transfer, no PayPal, nothing. In the end it took about a day to get it up and running.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited October 2014

I had applied long back ( forgot when) till date no reply, no activation, forgot about them go and get somewhere else.... If you visit their forums you can see how many are really frowning owing to their "timely replies", and " prompt customer support".

@VPSRAIDSolutions : Not only unbelievable price, "unbelievable" support also existing there, no one replies to any mails.