Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pointing to IPv6 server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pointing to IPv6 server

sarvatxosarvatxo Member
edited July 2012 in Help

Hello,

I bought a VPS with only IPv6 directions. I want to know if there is any way to point this server with an IPv4 + Domain. Because now only people with IPv6 enabled can access to this site.

For example:
Server intermediary (with IPv4 configured) -> when the petition comes from domain.com -> Server IPv6

Thank you!

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

You can set up an IPv4->v6 tunnel on Server intermediary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IPv6_tunnel_brokers

• I think you'd be able to do something like this with haproxy. Most of the tutorials on The Google are geared toward using IPv6 to proxy to an IPv4 site, but as far as I am aware you should be able to just switch the addresses and make things work.

nginx also comes to mind, but it seems like it doesn't support IPv6 backends yet.

• Thank you for your replies!

Thi list is good Damian but i want to configure my tunnel, becouse i have tow VPS in the same datacenter, one with IPv4 and the other IPv6. (ping 0.3 ms!)

I'm checking haproxy because with GRE i cannot filter ports (as i know).

I'm going to try to install it I'll tell you my results!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@sarvatxo said: Server intermediary (with IPv4 configured) -> when the petition comes from domain.com -> Server IPv6

You can use a Reverse Proxy on the v4+v6 server. I tried Nginx some time ago for exactly this purpose, but back then it did not support IPv6-only backend hosts. AFAIK some time after that this support has been added, so now it should work. Also, there's always lighttpd which can act as a reverse proxy too.