Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Private Key error from ssl.so sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Private Key error from ssl.so sale

Hi There

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/768949/

I received the private key,CSR and the ssl cert in my inbox.Tried installing it on a cpanel server,and receiving following error :The key does not match the certificate. when I enter the private key

Anybody else faced this issue? Any help on this will be really appreciated

Comments

• Is your key encrypted, if so you need to decrypt it before use for example:

https://www.startssl.com/?app=42

that is for nginx however might apply to cpanel?

• Hey,I dont think so the key is encrypted.......

• xoxo suggested in v2ex that you may check whether the cert you are using is domain cert or ca-bundle cert.

• @baka ..using domain cert ...

• @baka I even tried uploading the private key seprately in cPanel and I get error"The system failed to save the private key to your account.
    The key could not be processed. Please make sure it is in the correct format."

• You can check if the key matches the cert:

sudo openssl x509 -noout -modulus -in YOUR-CERT.crt | openssl md5; sudo openssl rsa -noout -modulus -in YOUR-KEY.key | openssl md5

• @baka I need to match the domain certificate with key ..Right? Also,any help on where to install the chain certificate? Using cPanel.

• bump...anyone?

• I do not know about cPanel, but sometimes you need to concatenate the bundle and the certificate to have it working. Have you tried that ?

• @baka OKay everything worked now.The problem was,I forwarded email from qq to gmail and for some reason gmail added white spaces in the private key and ssl.I was using the ssl from gmail which lead to error.Today I went to qq mail and tried ssl from there,and it worked perfectly. :) thank you all @edouard @baka @justjon really appreciate it.
    @nekki please close the thread.