Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest place to get a wildcard SSL cert? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest place to get a wildcard SSL cert?

2»

Comments

• @arpanjot said:
    Have a look here: https://store.ssl2buy.com/configurableoptions/configurable/102/1/0/0/S2B-AW40

30 $ per year if purchased for 5 years.

They offer a single year for $42: https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php

• cygni said: suggesting that my intent was to create chaos, is a distortion of what occurred.

How was the act of making the post public not a method to create social chaos? An offer of something is in no way a guaranteed of the said thing. An offer is an intention or readiness to do something, but in no means a promise. I see no legally bindable requirement for VMBox to give you a refund.

I humbly see an exaggeration of ideals and a use of social pressure to force a selfish outcome.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

Either way, $12 is a small amount to us and we would never, for any reason, refuse a refund in the first 3 days of service. It was a confusion as I've said multiple times. Sorry to the customer for any inconvenience.

• cygnicygni Member
    edited October 2014

@Silvenga said:
    How was the act of making the post public not a method to create social chaos? An offer of something is in no way a guaranteed of the said thing. An offer is an intention or readiness to do something, but in no means a promise. I see no legally bindable requirement for VMBox to give you a refund.

I humbly see an exaggeration of ideals and a use of social pressure to force a selfish outcome.

This is such peculiar reasoning. The contention here is that, it was made public, and therefore automatically makes the intent to create chaos. If there's a company not abiding by its own written terms of service agreement, you believe the general public should not be made aware? You can't be serious.

A company should not put into its terms of service agreement what it cannot provide or is unwilling to accommodate; it's really that simple. What do you suppose the purpose of terms of service agreement is for? A written agreement saying "[we] offer a three day refund period for your first payment on your first VPS with us" with no qualification is very clear - there can be no other translation.

It was made public to warn other potential customers that the company in question may not abide by what is written in plain English in the terms of service agreement. It was not out of malice or an attempt to create or cause chaos - it was a public service with all the best of intentions, and correctly, the company admitted it erred stating it was simply a misunderstanding.

Furthermore, I paid seven times the amount elsewhere because the certificate was needed immediately. I really wish we could move on, and please, let's not project false statements by being uninformed.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited October 2014

They admit their fault almost immediately. I won't consider this action as "very unreliable". In that post I'd say both sides are reasonable and really nothing much to blame.

Of course OP has own choice on which providers to go with. You can always find a more reliable provider by paying more.

• Does this apply to NL VPS as well @VMbox ?

Can you offer me a VPS2 with 16 IPs + 16 wildcard certs?

• If you know Chinese and have an Alipay account, you may get 1 for CNY25(=USD4.08)/5yr from ssl.so (one-day campaign starting 24/10/2014 00:00 UTC+8).

Otherwise, VMBox is the cheapest.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@William said:
    Does this apply to NL VPS as well VMbox ?

Can you offer me a VPS2 with 16 IPs + 16 wildcard certs?

With valid justification yes.