Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to reinstall OS on dedicated without control panel.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to reinstall OS on dedicated without control panel.

Hello, i have dedi without control panel. I would like to reinstall OS from CentOS to Debian distribution, but i don't know how could i simply achieve it. Could you help me? So far i was doing it within the control panels, but there is no any.

Comments

• Ask your provider for Ipmi or KVM over ip with virtual media,or ask them to reinstall it for you

• which one is better??

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jasiek07 said: which one is better??

Depends if you are willing to spend money or not. If your provider is installing it for you they will most likely charge for it.

• What do you mean by "without control panel"? One to manage the services of the machine or to manage the machine itself (rebooting, etc)? For the former it wouldnt be related and for the latter you'd need to ask your host for such maintenance tasks (even though usually they should provide something to do this yourself).

• Actually i have no way to reboot, reinstall os etc. I requested kvm over ip and waiting...

• So if they will charge me for the kvm over ip, what should i request to get managment over server? I need to reboot it, reinstall os etc. sometimes.
    And also, i have another question.. I have 4 ip's with the server. How can i change between them?

• @jasiek07 said:
    And also, i have another question.. I have 4 ip's with the server. How can i change between them?

By the sounds of it you need a sysadmin but depending what you want to do with the IP's would determine what to change them between or what to bind to each IP.

• For example if i request some data with curl, i would like to be recognised as another user (another ip) if i want.

Or is there easy way to create virtual servers, for example openvz to share cpu over all virtuals on the machine?

• jasiek07jasiek07 Member
    edited October 2014

KVM over ip allow to do that?

• Actually that depends upon provider's rules.

I've all-time KVM from GVH while i can have KVM on online.net on demand for free.
    Usually KVM or IPMI is available on server's motherboard by default nowadays while on old servers they'll have to use some external device for it so they'll charge for it & one dedicated IPv4 will also be utilized on KVM.