Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Question

StacyStacy Member

Hi,

Let's say I have 200 users in my WHMCS who all have a certain VPN product I am discontinuing at the end of this month.

What would be the best way to terminate/cancel their VPN accounts at the end of this month?

Because I can't seem to find a way to do this other than doing it manually for the 200 users, which will take a long time.

Is there a script available that can do this for me?

Comments

• If you are going to cancel 200 users on such a short notice, you don't just have to go and put cancellations for their products, you also need to write a personal apology to each one of them.

• @Stacy

Use mass mailing tool to first send them the notice with an apology , next thing is wait till your server is down , there is no need to manually cancel service.

• Yes I already sent an email 3 months ago telling them it will end at the end of this month. I also gave them their last month of service for free (Stopped accepting payments for this service around 2 weeks ago).

Thanked by 1rds100
  • said: Is there a script available that can do this for me?

Aside from what @rds100 said, you will need to probably change the status of the product to cancelled using a MySQL Query. AFAIK, there's no out-of-the-box add-on that provides functionality such as this.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:

Use mass mailing tool to first send them the notice with an apology , next thing is wait till your server is down , there is no need to manually cancel service.

All the records would still be in WHMCS and may show errors to clients, also it wouldn't stop new invoices being generated.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Aside from what rds100 said, you will need to probably change the status of the product to cancelled using a MySQL Query. AFAIK, there's no out-of-the-box add-on that provides functionality such as this.

will setting it to cancelled make all the accounts terminated when the cronjob runs?

• @Stacy said:
    Hi,

Let's say I have 200 users in my WHMCS who all have a certain VPN product I am discontinuing at the end of this month.

What would be the best way to terminate/cancel their VPN accounts at the end of this month?

Because I can't seem to find a way to do this other than doing it manually for the 200 users, which will take a long time.

Is there a script available that can do this for me?

200 accounts? What was you providing to them? email me :-)

• @Stacy said:
    will setting it to cancelled make all the accounts terminated when the cronjob runs?

Depends on the module your using.

• @wych said:
    Depends on the module your using.

I am using the WHMCS FreeRadius module http://docs.whmcs.com/FreeRadius_Addon_Module

• Its easy to do it via php + mysql although its upto your expertise cause if you go wrong it will F*up the whole DB

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Its easy to do it via php + mysql although its upto your expertise cause if you go wrong it will F*up the whole DB

Solution: Backup your DB before attempting.

• @PremiumN said:

Any decent host would always have a backup.

• @PremiumN said:

Yes of course, I have automated backups of my databases every 6 hours. And of course I will take a manual backup right before running sql queries.