Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Trick] How to get $1 a year Shared Web Hosting from Netfirms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Trick] How to get $1 a year Shared Web Hosting from Netfirms

TheKillerTheKiller Member
edited October 2014 in General

Hello,

Sometimes (EIG Group Companies) like Netfirms offer $1 a year Hosting. Its not available yet.

I have found a way to get a year of Linux Shared Web Hosting for only $1. This is the Plus package of their lineup.

The only difference is that is limit that you can create only 5 MySQL databases. Everything is unlimited as they mentioned.

First: step is to sign up for domain parking account using this link

https://www2.netfirms.com/register/registration.bml

and select "I plan to use a domain I already own" and add any of your domain. Its free. (uncheck every add-on after adding billing information).

Second: after creating domain parking account, use this link

http://www2.netfirms.com/netfirms/special-offer.bml?page=dp-up-usd

to get you $1 a year web hosting. Click on "Upgrade Now" button and pay $1.

On above page it is written that "Sale Ends April 30". Don't worry it still works and you have the option to cancel it anytime.

This is very good Shared Web Hosting for testing purpose and running small websites.

Enjoy !

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

I would not even pay $1 for that service.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy haphan
  • Thanks. This is really cool for those of us who need a "throwaway" web hosting account sometimes. I also like to have some cheap shared hosting accounts on hand for testing various PHP scripts that I intend to distribute to others who might use hosts with similar configuration.

• mojojuju said: for testing various PHP scripts that I intend to distribute to others who might use hosts with similar configuration

This is what VMs are for... :)

• @sleddog said:

That may be a good use for a VM, but if you want to test a script to see if it works well for users who have Netfirms hosting, your best best is probably to get a Netfirms hosting account to duplicate their setup.

• Sale ends April 30! Sounds funny :)

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited October 2014

mojojuju said: That may be a good use for a VM, but if you want to test a script to see if it works well for users who have Netfirms hosting

Ummm, OK.

Though I think it makes more sense to think of webserving stacks, rather than something host-specific.

"This script works on Netfirms hosting" tells me nothing.

"This script work on Apache X.x with PHP X.x and MySQL X.x" tells me a lot.

VMs allow you to deploy different stacks and test.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So what when they catch on to this and send you a bill or terminate?

• i have asked their sales department and they said its okay to upgrade from domain parking account using that $1 page.

• @fitvpn said:
    Sale ends April 30! Sounds funny :)

sales ends April 30, 2013. But still not ended

• sleddog said: Ummm, OK.

So that's okay with you?

Though I think it makes more sense to think of webserving stacks, rather than something host-specific.

It does.

"This script works on Netfirms hosting" tells me nothing.

I'm not trying to tell you anything.

"This script work on Apache X.x with PHP X.x and MySQL X.x" tells me a lot.

Wow, great.

VMs allow you to deploy different stacks and test.

Oh really?

• mojojuju said: So that's okay with you?

Yes.

Oh really?

Yes.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Thanks just picked one up. To anyone else signing up, if it doesn't ask you for a password, just do a password reset, and it will give you instructions on how to add a password.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • NumaPlay said: if it doesn't ask you for a password, just do a password reset, and it will give you instructions on how to add a password.

Yep missed that in post. Thanks

• @AnthonySmith said:
    So what when they catch on to this and send you a bill or terminate?

They will sell your name, address, phone number, email to other company to pay for your $1 a year Shared Web Hosting.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited October 2014

Chuck said: They will sell your name, address, phone number, email to other company to pay for your $1 a year Shared Web Hosting.

Using them from past 7 months nothing such received. You are getting a year of web hosting for $1. The only catch is that there is no root access :P

• Can I choose 3-Year Billing for $3?

• Nope you cannot, it is 36-month term: $7.49 a month

http://www2.netfirms.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=1782

@Chuck said:
    Can I choose 3-Year Billing for $3?

• Only for first year :P