Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMyBytes: 4 GB RAM for $7 | Loads of Bandwidth | 100 GBPS DDoS Protection | & MORE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMyBytes: 4 GB RAM for $7 | Loads of Bandwidth | 100 GBPS DDoS Protection | & MORE

HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
edited October 2014 in Offers

We are HostMyBytes. Established in 2007, we can proudly say that we are the best web hosting company you will ever use. Our VPS come with DDoS protection, the help of a 24/7/365 support team, and generous allocations. We are confident that you'll not only enjoy working with HostMyBytes but that you'll want to work exclusively with HostMyBytes.

Today's offer

1 GB
1 GB Dedicated RAM
10,000 GB Bandwidth
50 GB Disk Space
1 IP Address
Originally $6.95/mo - now $4.25/m (FOR LIFE)
COUPON CODE: 1GBLET

http://hostmybytes.com/unmanaged-vps.php

4 GB
4GB Dedicated RAM
50,000 GB Bandwidth
100 GB Disk Space
1 IP Address
Originally $12.95/m - now $7.00/m (FOR LIFE)
COUPON CODE: 4GBLET

http://hostmybytes.com/unmanaged-vps.php

Server Locations
-Quebec, Canada
-Buffalo, New York

Comments

• Any test IPs?

• Can't find an AUP or ToS... Got links to them?

• Any 2 test IPs?

• openvz?

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited October 2014

@Rob92 said:
    Can't find an AUP or ToS... Got links to them?

Not only that but hidden whois and whole site is behind cloudflare's full protection (Not just dns).
    And has disallowed all archiver bots.
    Domain was changed in july.

And looking at the old ips, per to crimeflare they were under an UK cpanel host.

Something really just screams out that it was not actually really established in 2007.

• I think this plan is OpenVZ ? I can not find any information in their website.

• @Cakey said:
    Something really just screams out that it was not actually really established in 2007.

Interesting... Just looking at the website makes me think the same. Buyer beware I guess?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
     Until, I get enough trust, I'm NOT going to take a Risk 
  • ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited October 2014

Hard to say if they've been in business since 2007. The (supposed) owner has been a WHT member since 2010, but was using his own username until last month when he changed it to have HMB (HostMyBytes) in it and that's also when I can see posts advertising HostMyBytes started. If he had HostMyBytes before and wanting clients, you would think he would've been advertising it all the time on WHT. There's also nothing on Google about HostMyBytes from earlier than September 2014. Not to mention, the photos of who are supposed the HostMyBytes staff on the about us page, are actually pictures from a cartoon rendition of The Jonas Brothers

• ub3rstar said: Not to mention, the photos of who are supposed the HostMyBytes staff on the about us page, are actually pictures from a cartoon rendition of The Jonas Brothers

Sounds like an really secure and trustworthy host to me.

Wonder how long it will last.

• Ordered a 4GB box 8 hours ago, still waiting for setup mail!

• @kcaj said:
    Any test IPs?

@metalx said:
    Any 2 test IPs?

I will send you test IPs into your inboxes

• @hotsnow said:
    openvz?

@solarhack said:
    I think this plan is OpenVZ ? I can not find any information in their website.

All of our plans are currently OpenVZ

• @Rob92 said:
    Can't find an AUP or ToS... Got links to them?

Our AUP and ToS are clearly labeled at the bottom of every page of our site. Here are links to each:
    AUP -> http://hostmybytes.com/aup.php
    ToS ->
    http://hostmybytes.com/terms-of-service.php

• HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited October 2014

@NewforVPS said:
    Ordered a 4GB box 8 hours ago, still waiting for setup mail!

Your VPS has since been set up, I apologize for the delay.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • Mind forwarding those test IPs to me also?

• Might as well add that the link at checkout which leads to this: http://hostmybytes.com/terms-of-service
    Doesn't work. That is what I was looking at originally.

• @Rob92 said:
    Mind forwarding those test IPs to me also?

I sent them to your inbox

• What is the portspeed?
    Is there a way to change ip from time to time? I have dedicated one from online.net but they don't offer changing ip so i need something new because i don't want to pay setup fee every time i want to change ip.. I would take even 2 servers (4 GB) in case of availability to change ip on request... I need server to work as a "bridge" to transfering data 24/7 from some website to my server. No encoding and overloading i can assure. Please let me know if you can offer.

Kind regards

• jasiek07 said: What is the portspeed? Is there a way to change ip from time to time? I have dedicated one from online.net but they don't offer changing ip so i need something new because i don't want to pay setup fee every time i want to change ip.. I would take even 2 servers (4 GB) in case of availability to change ip on request... I need server to work as a "bridge" to transfering data 24/7 from some website to my server. No encoding and overloading i can assure. Please let me know if you can offer.

Kind regards

Portspeed is 1GBPS, and how often would you expect to change IPs?

• Maybe about up to 2 times per month

• @jasiek07 said:
    Maybe about up to 2 times per month

Please open up a sales ticket so we can discuss this further. We may be able to accommodate you

• So anyone got a benchmark of these?

• server was working okay, but upload speed about only few mb (2-5mbps).

• donbdonb Member
    edited March 2016

HostMyBytes - The worst ever support

I am sure many users might have been impressed by the - "within 60 minutes response" for support tickets, but that doesn't add to the 'Quality' of support. They must have placed a group of men to simply respond to one's ticket within the 60 minute deadline & keep the user on hold, until the technical support takes over. Well, that is absolutely fine, as I would see it as a competitive strategy. No complaints here. But they fail in maintaining a sound support team.

Just by claiming a 24X7 "very active" support doesn't add a feather to their cap, obviously because their so called technical support team is damn dumb. I have been hosting with them since 8 months now & most of the support members have no knowledge on handling servers. On the contrary, the support members ask you the steps to accomplish the given task! It's unfortunate that in almost every case that the support is clueless about proceeding ahead with any task.

For instance, I have been asking them to resolve an issue related to their IPs being blacklisted. And guess what? Its been almost a week & I am still tussling around with their support, explaining and guiding them at every step. I wonder the basis on which their support team has been hired!

I hope the day would come soon, where in their support team would comprise of members having a sound knowledge on server management.

UPDATE:

And guess what? After this much of tussle, I am given a link (which goes to Office365 Adminstrators Troubleshooting for blacklist - which has nothing to do with my issue; I am on Ubuntu) and asked to go ahead & figure things out myself!
    What a shame. They can't manage to ensure that their IPs are white-listed ones? And even if they are blacklisted, they ask their clients to figure it out & resolve the issue themselves!?
    Such a pity!

• donbdonb Member

They always have disk space issues, as if they are always running out of space & it keeps affecting the clients. Their support keeps pacifying the clients asserting that the issue wouldn't recur, but trust me it happens all the time. In short, if you're a client with HostMyBytes, you can't depend on the thought - "everything would be working fine". You have to keep monitoring the shit yourself everyday, every minute. God help this provider.

• An unsatisfied customer with HMB