Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMB Hosting - Xen 256MB RAM/256MB Swap 20Gb HDD 200GB Bandwidth £39.99/Year or £3.99/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMB Hosting - Xen 256MB RAM/256MB Swap 20Gb HDD 200GB Bandwidth £39.99/Year or £3.99/Month

daimonbdaimonb Member
edited October 2011 in Offers

DMB Hosting - xen UK solus control panel, instant activation.

• 256 Ram
  • 256 Swap
  • 20GB HDD
  • 200GB Bandwith
  • 1 x ipv4
  • £3.99 a month
  • £39.99 Annually - 2 months free

only 3 clients on this node currently so get in early as they fill quickly.

Special LET/LEB offers page http://www.dmbhosting.co.uk/lowendoffers.html

Please note we are VAT registered so VAT will be added at checkout and only when you enter your country will VAT come off the total unless you are in VAT country. - just thought i would point out due to queries from previous offers.

Payments by PAYPAL and GOOGLE checkout.

There is one free VPS available for review for long time let member - PM me for details.

Comments

• You may want to fix the link and make it clickable.

Thanked by 1daimonb
  • fixed

@drmike - Thankyou

• Not a problem. heh That's why you always read your copy after posting. :)

• had a couple of offers for the review vps any more within the next 24 hours before i give it out?

• daimonb said: had a couple of offers for the review vps any more within the next 24 hours before i give it out?

I don't get it, are they new offers?

• no, i offered 1 free vps for someone to use for review and have had a couple of ppl pm me. i am saying there is 24 hours for others to pm me before i give it out.

:)

• now comes with 10 ipv6 :)

• "so VAT will be added at checkout"

This is just wrong, it comes under hidden charges, The price you see/Advertised should be the price paid.

• @danielm it is not hidden as it tells you about vat in the offer. Sorry we do not make the laws regarding vat. We could include it in the price but then we would have to recost and the price would be higher surely that would be more hidden than me being upfront in the offer??

• ofcourse its hidden, Its wrong to do. Quality servers seem to manage fine without hidden charges but i guess this is where the industry is these days.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

@danielm have you heard yourself?? its wrong to charge v.a.t show me more companies that offer prices inclusive of vat other than quality servers and ill show you ten that charge it exclusive. go read up on V.A.T then come back and talk.

• also if the price is inclusive of VAT then vat should come off at the checkout if outside the eu show me that the companies do that and ill eat my hat.

• Just include VAT with the price its very simple. Then there is no hidden charges

"its wrong to charge v.a.t"
    Correct it is, But its a state requirement my arguement here is most of the Web industry usually hides on the checkout page not the Actual advertisement .

"show me more companies that offer prices inclusive of vat "

Too many to name... But why should you copy what other Companies do?

• so your agreeing with me ??

""its wrong to charge v.a.t" Correct it is, But its a state requirement my arguement here is most of the Web industry usually hides on the checkout page not the Actual advertisement ."
    it is in the above advertisement "Please note we are VAT registered so VAT will be added at checkout and only when you enter your country will VAT come off the total unless you are in VAT country. - just thought i would point out due to queries from previous offers."

"too many to name" all the ones i found do not discount the vat when changing to a non vat country so who's ripping who??

seriously will anybody else speak up on this as i know i am right,
    it clearly says on my site all prices are exclusive of vat and i always tell people when ordering.

the only point i can see valid with your argurement is that vat is added at the checkout, but any company in the uk with a turnover over 70k has to register and charge VAT we decided to show prices excluding vat as the majority of our clients dont have to pay vat so it does not affect them.

Try it goto one of the websites you talk about, place mock order enter UK as your country so you get price with VAT then change and update to USA and the price will be the same. So technically the VAT is charged regardless of where you are it is just not shown on the invoice.

With us if your in a VAT country you will be charged VAT if your not You dont!!

• kylixkylix Member
    edited October 2011

it clearly says on my site all prices are exclusive of vat and i always tell people when ordering.

So you're not targetting EU customers? Or are you telling us that you are intentionally violating Art. 4(1) lit. c) of EU Directive 97/7/EC?

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

we offer our services worlwide and all of our site complies with all uk/eu distance selling directives to say we dont is Defamation of our company and i hope you have a good solicitor.

I cant beleive you guys dont understand how VAT works. :(

Go do some research then come back

burstnet.eu - prices exclude VAT must be breaking law
    123-reg.co.uk - prices exclude VAT must be breaking law
    Tagadab.com - prices exclude VAT must be breaking law
    webfusion.co.uk -prices exclude VAT must be breaking law
    rapidswitch.com - prices exclude VAT must be breaking law

• "the only point i can see valid with your argurement is that vat is added at the checkout, but any company in the uk with a turnover over 70k has to register and charge VAT we decided to show prices excluding vat as the majority of our clients dont have to pay vat so it does not affect them."

Yes thats my arguement, I couldnt care any less about you're turnover or you're clients, The only problem i have is where its a hidden charge at the checkout and this isnt an attack on you its the practice itself. If you went to pc world and bought a PC for £600 ( Or a mac in Daniels case for £1,500) and they said £600 plus vat please. Dont know about you but i find that bad.

• DanielM said: Yes thats my arguement, I couldnt care any less about you're turnover or you're clients, The only problem i have is where its a hidden charge at the checkout and this isnt an attack on you its the practice itself. If you went to pc world and bought a PC for £600 ( Or a mac in Daniels case for £1,500) and they said £600 plus vat please. Dont know about you but i find that bad.

Ugh Hmm, I wonder why you blocked me on MSN.

@Everyone Else, PC World do charge VAT, but they have it inclusive in the price, and the NON-VAT price listed below for those that are VAT Exempt.

And also Mr Daniel M, I brought my Mac at John Lewis, not PC World, they wanted to try and sell me norton anti-virus with it.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

@danielm i apologise then i thought u were trying to troll my company personally.

I do agree with the whole pc world arguement etc but goto wickes or any trade shop and its all excluding in fact in my experience all business 2 business is excluding and business to consumer is including.

• @Daniel

Didnt block you, just not been online often.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited October 2011

daimonb said: Go do some research then come back

I think we can agree on the fact that law isn't justified by looking how people act. Following your rationale would lead to the fact that burglary might be lawful since a lot of people break the Crown Law every day.

Secondly, I'm not defamating your company. I'm just doing a fraud check on my potential contracting partner. The Directive cited above is enacted law since 1997. If my contracting partner won't stick to it, well, he might do. I don't care as I consider better not making any contract with him. My rationale is: if he doesn't stick to enacted law, how do I know if he sticks to the contractual agreement (which is much softer)?

I guess everybody is allowed to do some check-up about his potential contracting partner. So does every company and so do I.

• think lea should rename this thread to VAT debate lol.

Although i know i am doing nothing wrong and after a long nights sleep, i do have to conceed that if i were to include vat in advertised prices it may be better for our consumers. However - i would of course have to then take it into account when caluclating prices so might see an increase in price or decrease in the limits offered.

You have certainly given me food for thought and for that i thank you.

on a side note does anybody else have issues posting comments using google chrome??

• dotbendotben Member
    edited October 2011

The VAT issue simply comes down to whether you are business-orientated or consumer-orientated.

Yes, PC World and John Lewis include VAT (they're consumer focused), and yes, Wicks would be ex-VAT because they're trade focused. The best example of all is Dell.co.uk - select "Home" and you'll get inc VAT prices, select "Business" and you'll get the same computers with ex VAT prices. C'mon folks, this is pretty basic stuff.

There is nothing wrong with @damionb listing ex VAT prices if he is orientating his business towards other businesses (who can write off the VAT) or those outside the EU.

It's certainly not a "hidden charge".

If you're a consumer and you don't like buying stuff from b2b companies that charge "Ex-VAT" then either find a consumer-orientated provider or just suck it up - it's the way the business world works.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

2 x openvz available in Kent SOTA d/c

256mb ram 512 burst, 20gb hdd, 50 gb bandwith but will manually increase to 100 via support ticket £2.99 a month. Once gone there gone.

http://www.dmbhosting.co.uk./lowendoffers.html

• these have now been sold.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

Backup space coming soon.